Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

The transaxle filler hose plug on my recent purchase MF12 is missing. I drained the transaxle fluid and it had some water in it. I've looked it up on AgcoPartBooks.com (item 10 in the attached PDF) and the PN is 833834M1 but they are NLA. I'm going to make a plug.

My questions are:

1) What does the OE plug look like (anybody have a detailed picture handy)?

2) Is the plug vented?

Thanks,

Andy.

·
372 Posts
For my MF12 I used a garden hose male end replacement with the fill hose clamped over it and then used the cap from a radiator flush kit to cap it off. I have heard of some just using a 1/2' bolt put inside the hose to plug it off.

·
129 Posts
The plug is still available from Caplugs. Apparently you can get it for free if you use their "request a free sample" option. The part is "WW" series ( Tapered caps and plugs with wide thick flanges), number 7x. See www.caplugs.com for a full description with all dimensions.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Attachments

·
129 Posts
You are right - the Caplugs picture doesn't look very much like the AgCo parts diagram, but neither does the hose it fits into, which has a distinct bend - not shown in the pdf either.

I may be wrong, but I have a '72 MF12G and a '66 MF10 from different sources and both have yellow plugs with "Caplugs WW-7X" on the bottom. I think the AgCo parts diagram is a not very accurate in this case.

·
Tractorholic
866 Posts
Nice work! I love having access to lathes. It's times like this when a simple little thing just comes out so nice!

I think it needs to be powder coated in something like safety orange now...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts