Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been seaching all mornning for the correct fluids for my new toy... :dancingbanana: I picked up that 1556 I had talked about ( pics to come ) NOW,,, type a trans-- Is it still available ?? OR What goe's in an Eaton 10 ? What wix filter ? 51307 OR 51452

Air filter ?? 42373 is what NAPA shows..

What kinda grease will give the chain on the caster a good coat. ? It's so expossed. It will be constantly in snow..

I'm still reaserching the lower shoot handle One end has the hook and the other goes to the worm gear. It is broken just where it goes in to the shoot houseing .

It's 19 degrees out this mornning ( sat ) But a'm itching to go out and play...Going to check out the gear lube in the caster deck. AND of coarse take some pics

This is my first tube SO I have lots of ???????

Thanks sodisr

·
Deceased
4,845 Posts
For lubing the chain on the caster, I'd think that a good motorcycle chain lube would work.

They are always exposed to the elements, and probably work as hard if not harder than the chain on the caster.

Reactions: sodisr

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks O B.. How about the filters ??? NOW the P O said he never changed the hydro fluid cause it never needed it or was low.. It is bright red,, but I would like to change it in spring.. If I have to top it off this winter,, what would you use ?? I've looked into the fluids that go into a Eaton 10.. TYPE A , But reading on you should not mix different types of ATF,,, They are not compatable with certain brands... Type A,,,Type F,,,dextron III ..

What air filter is used on the 1556.. tecumseh

What hydro filter ???

·
Bob's Lawn and Garden LLC
2,183 Posts
I have the air cleaner and the hydro filter in stock if you want to send a pm.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Bob... I kinda need the air filter today... But I will sure keep you in mind when the hydro gets changed

·
Bob's Lawn and Garden LLC
2,183 Posts
No problem the part number for the air filter is a 32008 that is the Tecumseh number. Not sure of a aftermarket number.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I picked up an air filter for the 1556 at Napa.. Thanks all !!!

Napa-- Wix filter # 7--02204

It's the one thats 6" round and goes on tec. engines

Also fits Gravely 1090

Kohler 235116

Case C-28883

Cub Cadet IH 385168R2

John Deere AM 31400

Tecumseh 3200

Nivel 2111

Wisconsin L0194

1 - 7 of 7 Posts