Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Blackjackjakexxix
2,371 Posts
Been looking for sometime now for a Artic 60 walk behind snowblower,got lucky the other day,got a good deal on one on Ebay,very happy with price,need to thank Old Buzzard for stopping and getting it for me on his way back from Maryland and dropping it off at the campground where we are staying for the summer,,it was in eastern Pa,guy said no spark but good compression,well tonight I had a little spare time to play with it,come to find out good spark but no fuel,a little gas down the spark plug hole and she kicked right over,I'll tear carb off do a good cleaning,needle valve stuck,may do a rebuild if needed,it needs a little TLC but pretty decent for the age,I think these were very cool looking, 003.JPG I found with the number on it it is a 1966 model,came with chains as well,I'm a happy guy !!!!

Attachments

·
RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres
15,608 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,740 Posts
Nice find Rick.

Reactions: blackjackjakexxix

·
Banned
5,695 Posts
Bolens continually impresses me with what they offered. It was a complete catalog. :worshippy1:

That's funny Doc, almost at the same time.. :thumbs:
You ought to be careful. If two Brians think much more alike... and they team up with a Canadian... things might get ugly around here.

:rolling:

Ben W.

·
Blackjackjakexxix
2,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just as I thought,had a stuck needle valve,cleaned up everything inside the carb,she got fuel and one pull it fired and ran,runs very good with no smoking,had it in all gears and runs along fine,engauged the auger and it spins free with no unusual noise,now need to find a couple parts,anyone that has a parts machine please let me know

·
DR. Bolens
19,063 Posts
Just as I thought,had a stuck needle valve,cleaned up everything inside the carb,she got fuel and one pull it fired and ran,runs very good with no smoking,had it in all gears and runs along fine,engauged the auger and it spins free with no unusual noise,now need to find a couple parts,anyone that has a parts machine please let me know
What parts are you looking for?

I stock quite a few parts for the snowblowers, alot of people still use them!

What kind of drive system is on this one? Some came with optional ratchet type drives.

·
Blackjackjakexxix
2,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I, have to check on drive system,I need the outer carb shield,and maybe the shoes,I need to look through some stuff at home,also need to check part number on the other squrare back the tube frames used,maybe the same

·
1,206 Posts
I've never seen one, very unique find.

Reactions: blackjackjakexxix
1 - 14 of 14 Posts