Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Make Stuff Up
2,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spent all day today putting tires on the HT23, I put the industrial tread on it, I also put on 2 new front tires and rims. They are a little narrower but they will work out just fine, I figure that I will run them till the blow since I got them for practically free.

Attachments

·
Registered
986 Posts
I spent yesterday fudging with tires, trying to put inner tubes in, had nothing but problems with atlas tubes from tsc. went and bought some carlisles at the tractor shop $2 cheaper and way better, its the only brand i will use now

·
Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for yo
8,677 Posts
Nice looking tires. I finally broke down and bought the no-mar mount/demount bar and it sure make changing tires a lot easier, but a bit pricey.

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Those are nice, bet they pull well. It seems to be the weekend or tires, I put my case 155 in and pulled the front tire of, it is bad and I don't think I can tube it due to the way the valve stem is in the rim, looks like I get to buy new tires myself.

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
Nice looking set of boots. What brand & size do you have on the front.

Reactions: BTS

·
Super Moderator
14,167 Posts
Those look huge on there. That look is helped by the square edged profile of the tires. Run them with a low pressure to help with traction but they will still be stiff.

·
Make Stuff Up
2,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks all, I don't care as much about traction because this is going to be a mower only or at least for now.
I might put a blade on it one of these days, I also have a snow blower that I might rig up on it, but I have chains for playing in the snow.

The front tires are Carlisle 18x6.50x8. I really like the looks of the rims they are mounted on, I'm going to keep the old rims around so I can go back to a wider tire when these ware out.

I'm not going to be doing much "pulling" right now since the ol thin isn't running.

right now I'm waiting for parts, so I though I would get it off the ground by putting tires on it, Today I'm going to put a new seat on it.

Then when the parts come I will be ready to mow!

·
Rockstar
2,546 Posts
As long as you don't have too much weight on the front you will probably like those skinny front tires. They should steer much easier than wider tires. Of course they don't float as well if you have too much weight hanging out front.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts