Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
DR. Bolens
19,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally put together a set of hillers to hill up my potatoes while the plants are still small.

I wish they made some larger hillers as these wont be good for much longer!

Attachments

·
Registered
602 Posts
Hello Bolens 1000,

Nice rig, first off.

As an ignorant novice to all of this and learning as I go I am not sure if my question will open up an idea or not. But I will ask.

Looking at the hiller setup it starts narrow on the frame and goes wide toward the operator. If you have a second set of plows to hill with could the frame be reversed to put the wide area forward and add the plows to the inside of the wide and then have follow the plows in the middle? I would think this would bring more dirt inward from the wider area that is not being touched right now.

Just wondering.

Good luck.

·
6,147 Posts
Are they adjustable ?? Noel

Reactions: MyBolens1053

·
DR. Bolens
19,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Are they adjustable ?? Noel
Hello Bolens 1000,

Nice rig, first off.

As an ignorant novice to all of this and learning as I go I am not sure if my question will open up an idea or not. But I will ask.

Looking at the hiller setup it starts narrow on the frame and goes wide toward the operator. If you have a second set of plows to hill with could the frame be reversed to put the wide area forward and add the plows to the inside of the wide and then have follow the plows in the middle? I would think this would bring more dirt inward from the wider area that is not being touched right now.

Just wondering.

Good luck.
There are plenty of adjustments that can be made on these cultivators, including height, length and width of where the shanks can be mounted.

·
1,206 Posts
That is a great looking tractor. How nice to see it being used out in the field.

Reactions: MyBolens1053

·
DR. Bolens
19,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That is a great looking tractor. How nice to see it being used out in the field.
Dont let the new paint fool you, I just scuffed the old paint and sprayed the correct green over the top of it when I was painting my Ride-a-Matic last year, someone painted it an ugly Hunter green and I couldnt stand looking at that color anymore! :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts