Garden Tractor Forums banner

Firewood time.

803 views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  4getgto 
#1 ·
Well the rain stopped and got at the wood again. None from the neighbour's this time. Useing my own wood I have against the garage. Only a short distance to go, outside to inside on same wall. I could load up an arm load and do it that way, but using the loader is easier on my back and it might be faster. But burning the expensive fuel doing it.

Noel

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
I’m done. Next winters wood is in. About 2 cords and a bit.

Noel

Attachments

#6 ·
Nice job out of the way… I just shut my stove down last Tuesday. So I’m not ready to have more wood inside yet, but I’m getting all my small piles into a pile by the splitter. I have 4 cords split, that I didn’t touch this year, and probably 3 cords stove length in need of splitting. I only ran one stove this year, but with oil prices what they are, next winter I will be running both the stove, and the wood furnace. My grandfather used to say wood keeps you warm 4 times. When you cut it, when you split it, when you stack it, and when you burn it. 😉

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.