Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2 Days ago it was 40 Degrees and the grass was green..We had a dry summer with over 200 days without snow.

Had about 8 inches of wet snow last night with 30-35 mph winds with another 10 inches expected today with winds gusting to 45 mph.

Like the saying goes If you don't like the weather in Wisconsin just wait a few days and it will change !

Have the snow blower on the Ford LGT 165 with chains and cab ready to go but not sure if it will go through it or not. Drifts are already waist deep. Maybe pics tomorrow.

·
Super Moderator
14,167 Posts
Sounds like winter has finally reached you. At least some of that wet snow will melt and soak into the ground. 45mph winds - sounds like a pretty nasty storm. Take care and don't underestimate that Ford. Put it in low range and you can move some seriously deep snow with that rig.

·
My projects take longer so I enjoy them more...
4,931 Posts
Got it out here too. I would guess about 6" of snow here with 30-40 MPH winds. Our problem is the sleet/freezing rain that arrived about 2 hours before the snow. My driveway and street is a sheet of ice. When I dropped a chain on the 110 I was outta luck. 120 is still waiting to be reassembled...

·
Tractorholic
2,202 Posts
Hope everything works out ok. My wife lived in Wisconsin until she was 16 now she gets a chill when she hears the word snow.

·
Tractor Whisperer
1,473 Posts
I live in WNY and I know all about snow. We haven't had any yet but its in the extended forecast. We'll see what happens........

Reactions: backwoods

·
Super Moderator
54,818 Posts
I have the wind down here, but that's all. And I am very thankful for that!

·
4,506 Posts
6 inches on the ground here. The winds have not picked up yet but we are expecting them soon. Expecting 9 to 12 inches before it is all done.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

·
374 Posts
Got 8 to 12 inches here with the ice. Winds at 50 mi per hr. Interstate 35 closed with a 25 car pile-up 3miles north of me. One fatality . Wind are blowing a total white- out here. Its really flat here so when it stops snowing the snow keeps blowing.

·
Deceased
4,845 Posts
The "weather guessers" are predicting 2-4" for tomorrow, and another 1-3" in the late evening.

Maybe the HT20D will get a workout

·
Premium Member
7,364 Posts
Light Snow flurries this morning and now the sun is out and it is a balmy +12 degs. outside. Beautiful day here.

·
Getting Out!
8,205 Posts
Very Windy in N. IN and Rainy off/on with it! More like Thunderstorms. Supposed to get colder and snowy next couple days! Have a PK and couple WHorses to try with blades.

·
Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict
32,409 Posts
The wind is crazy here! One of the barn "man doors" keeps coming open, as the wind is banging the door back & forth till the latch lets loose, so I screwed the door shut, and also had to screw some loose tin on my shop. Things you'd not think would get blown around are. I also had to wire some sliding barn doors to the end barn gates, as they were swinging straight out. Hang onto your hats!!!

·
Tractorholic
4,070 Posts
The wind is crazy here! One of the barn "man doors" keeps coming open, as the wind is banging the door back & forth till the latch lets loose, so I screwed the door shut, and also had to screw some loose tin on my shop. Things you'd not think would get blown around are. I also had to wire some sliding barn doors to the end barn gates, as they were swinging straight out. Hang onto your hats!!!
Wow that's crazy Daniel! Be safe!!!

·
DB restorer
2,850 Posts
we got all that blowing and snow stuff here too. You cant do anything with it right now as the ground wasnt fozen, and the first couple inches up is pure slush. Cant really tell how much we have as every time i look its either higher or lower, depending on the wind speed, which is pretty high right now. I decide not to even try and go to work, as i couldnt see much past the driveway at noon. Here some pictures of thesnow for all you that cant seem to get enough of it.

Snow Tree Car Automotive tire Window

Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Snow Vehicle

Snow Slope Freezing Atmospheric phenomenon Mountain

Snow Slope Atmospheric phenomenon Freezing Ice cap

Attachments

·
Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict
32,409 Posts
That's a pretty good snow Jeff! I can live without snow & like it, BUT, if it gets really really cold, I like to have some snow on the ground. Some of our water lines on the farm aren't quite deep enough, so without a blanket of snow to help insulate, we can end up with frozen water lines.....never fun.

·
Premium Member
2,972 Posts
Had rain last night, saw lightening too. The temperature dropped to about 28 degrees F. by this morning and I drove to work in a near blizzard condition. It was snowing sideways, there were cars in the ditches all the way to work. There was ice under the snow-packed roads and the wind was blowing snow all over the place. I made it to work , but it took an extra 30 minutes plus to get there. Real glad I left for work early this morning.
Got home from work this afternoon, and there was a package on my doorstep. It was my tire chains for the 8-16 tires on big Red that I had bought on ebay. I got them on my tires, (I already had the snowblade on it) and out the garage door I went! Mostly had ice on the driveway, but there was also some snow. I cleared off my neighbor's driveway too. Yea man! Seat time!

·
1,333 Posts
It just started snowing here about 5:30. It has rained almost constantly since midnight last night. The wind is definitely howling. I am hoping for some seat time!! I'll take all the snow we can get, the 129 is bored!!

Geno

1 - 20 of 35 Posts