Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put a new fuel line on, and a new O-ring on the fuel petcock. I also checked the fluids, and cleared the rats nest out, so that required pulling the fan shroud.
I was surprised there was no gas deposits in the tank at all, and figured maybe the carb was the same? It won't run WOT, so I'll have to pull the high speed jet, but overall I am very pleased. The clutch works like it should, as does the charging system. That ol boy sounds good. Enjoy folks!!!

Attachments

·
A Little Off Plumb
7,833 Posts
Looks good - nice to see an unmolested 1050 fired back up after sitting - thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You betcha 29! It's only getting better as we go along;)

Reactions: blackjackjakexxix

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Doc.

I wish I could have done more, but at the end of the video it started to rain. I'll work on it some this week cleaning, de-greasing, hang the weights, and install a lil sumin sumin thats coming.

Boy the engine sounds good on that thing. I may have not shown it in the video, cause I was paying attention to the way it was running, but man I'm happy;)

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Nice! Fun to see and hear it fire up again after all these years! Thanks for posting the video. It sounds good too!
Ain't it though, I love that!

You betcha. ;)

Other than cleaning, and a lube job, he needs a battery, and a high speed jet polish. Just wait, this ol boy gonna shine tomorrow, I promise, and I wont even clean it yet!!!!;)

Yes, that Wisconsin does sound good. I need to get him warmed up to OP temps, and drive em a lil.

·
Tractorholic
890 Posts
Love the sound of an old 1050! They are work horses for sure and man do those wisconsin motors run!!! I have my Dad's 1050 that has been put through a lot of heavy work over the 24yrs we've owned it and to our knowledge the motor has never been rebuilt! I can't wait to see it all cleaned up!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts