Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need to ask a dumb ????

When raising the float bowl- OR lowering it,, Which way doe's it go.???

If I want to lower it do I loosen it ( Counter clock wise )

This is on a Tec. engine HH150

I'm haveing a HEAK of a time getting the carb adjusted.. I set it at fac. specs. And I need to run the choke at about half on

I seem to get alot of back-fire

The plug is black

The odd thing is it runs very well at full throttle.. I plan on a rebuild, but I need it for now to blow snow. So I would like to wait til spring.. Any other simple things I could try to bide some time. Thanks sodisr.

·
Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for yo
8,677 Posts
I asume you are talking about the adjustment screw on the bottom of the bowl. If you screw it in you lean out the mixture and out to make it richer. Running with 1/2 choke would indicate a lean mixture. Have you checked for air leaks down stream, around the manifold?

·
Registered
602 Posts
Your symptoms (choke half on and backfiring) are signs of too lean of a fuel mixture/air leak. You can test for air leak by spraying WD-40 around the gasket and linkage areas of the carb while the engine is running and see if that smooths it out. If it does, then you know to replace the gaskets/seals.

If you pass the leak test then adjust your bowl feed for more fuel. Then tweak the idle mixture. This needs to be done while the motor is under a load (engage your PTO for this).

Hope this helps.

Reactions: sodisr

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
The o-ring for the fuel bowl is very easy to pinch and not get a good seal. This could cause an air leak as mentioned. With a little grease, I was able to get mine to finally line up and seal correctly when putting the carb back together on my HH150.

·
Registered
602 Posts
That's because he's running with 1/2 choke. With out the 1/2 choke he's running lean.

If he was running with no choke, then the black plug would indicate a rich mixture.
Good call OldBuzzard.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts