Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
55,381 Posts
This will answer your questions. Hmmm? Just looked and the 24's aren't listed. I would think around 8.5-9 gallons, possibly 70-75 lbs.

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
8.34 lbs per gallon. Probably not much weight gain the tires aren't big enough to hold alot
I have to disagree....I added windshield washer fluid to my rears and it made a world of difference. Probably 7 to 8 gallons each equaling 58 to 66 pounds per rear tire!

·
Registered
9,342 Posts
8.34 lbs per gallon. Probably not much weight gain the tires aren't big enough to hold alot
Have to disagree with that statement. 8.34 X 8.5 = 70.89 lbs per tire. That is 140+ lbs total. Not much weight gain?

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
ooops these tires are on a 318 jd tire size should be 26-1200-12
gary990, if you are planning on using a blade for snow, OR a blower for snow, OR garden plow, by all means fluid in the tires will help with traction. In snow, tire chains are a must too....This will set off another debate!

4 link are good, 2 link are better, and yes "rubber" chains will work too!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
this is my sons 318 he asked me to go through it. so i said i have chains for it and he wanted whts for it i priced them and they are a little high so i priced fluid and thats a lot cheeper. they have 9 gal. in each tire i weighed them and they were 38.5 without and 110.5 with fluid around 73lbs each and thats not bad at all. thats better then 200.00 for a pair of whts.... and i checked ihe tire size again and they are 24/12.00/12 know to put chains on. thanks you all for your help.

·
Super Moderator
55,381 Posts
You mean I guessed right? :dancingbanana:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.