Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well I was outside moving things around, thought I'd look at loader and tractor to start measuring things up.

Here's the dilemma;

The bucket is only 40" wide 48" front tire width also with the 195 steering and brake pedal are directly in the way of post location, moving them too forward (my opinion).too much weight on front of tractor

Here's the options;

sell the loader and buy a bigger one( only paid $1100 for this one) don't know what I'd find for the same$$$

OR cut the frame to make it wider (to be able to position it outside footrests and back far enough)

I have to replace the hydraulic lines there already. and either split and widen bucket or sell and buy a wider one.

Least favorite option; install on the 125 I have left (underpowered with no power steering)

Thanks in advance. Tom

Reactions: boyscout862

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
oh yah , fabrication is not a problem for me. like everyone else money is tight.

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
that looks similar to what I'm trying to avoid. too far forward or maybe thats not? if i put it that far forward i don't have to widen frame, just a wider bucket. and maybe modify the brake pedal

my concern is too much weight on the front tires. (rear ballast will keep it from tipping up)

·
Tractorholic
3,097 Posts
What about cutting the arms shorter, let the frame move forward, then maybe fabricate a new bucket? After all, you can't move the posts back but so far or you won't be able to get on and off.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts