Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently got a lgt 145 in peices, I think it's a 73 or 74, No mower deck came with the tractor, so I am trying to adapt a deck to it. I need some good close up pic's of the front and rear mounting brackets

that are on ford mower decks, not sure how the front latch works? If you could hold a tape measure up

to them so I know have an idea of the demenions that would be great. Also how deep are the slots on the rear hooks.

thanks Rod

·
Super Moderator
55,271 Posts
My deck is also unavailable for measurements. Maybe one of the other Ford guys can chime in with some help!

Reactions: Old Door

·
1974 Ford LGT 145, 1982 LGT165
96 Posts
Mine were 4' under the snow, but I dug them out to start rebuilding them, I will try to get a pic with measurements for you

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
This is a deck that is for a Closed side LGT 165. I assume that is the same ??

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Wood Tire
Tire Automotive tire Wheel Wood Bicycle tire

Bumper Line Gas Automotive exterior Motor vehicle
Automotive lighting Bumper Automotive tire Motor vehicle Wood

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle brake Vehicle Automotive lighting
Wood Bumper Gas Tints and shades Bicycle part

Tape measure Ruler Office ruler Wood Gas
Motor vehicle Gas Automotive wheel system Machine Auto part

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
55,271 Posts
I believe they are the same, only minor part changes. I am working on a parts list to add into the operators manual for the 42"& 50" decks right now. This will cover the 09JC9789, 9788, 9826, 9828, 9835, & 9838 decks.

Reactions: rod0717

·
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the pic's, if any one else has pic's post them too, the more the better.

? so when you attach the front latch to the carrage bar , does the latch swing up and then snap back down into place?

Please advise..

thanks Rod

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Thanks for the pic's, if any one else has pic's post them too, the more the better.

? so when you attach the front latch to the carrage bar , does the latch swing up and then snap back down into place?

Please advise..

thanks Rod
You open the latch manually it sort of goes over center and stays open, With the mower in place just pop it down and the spring holds it.

·
Super Moderator
55,271 Posts
Here's a copy of the Operators manual for the 42" & 50". This is the one I am adding the parts list into. Then I will put it into the manuals section.

View attachment 61021

·
Super Moderator
55,271 Posts
Reactions: rod0717

·
Registered
4 Posts
View attachment 66397 Motor vehicle Automotive tire Wood Gas Automotive exterior
Tire Wheel Helmet Automotive tire Motor vehicle
Automotive tire Hood Wood Motor vehicle Tread
Automotive tire Tire Wheel Bicycle tire Motor vehicle
Saw Automotive tire Motor vehicle Wood Hood
I took some pics last night that may help you,I may wind up doing the same if I can't find spindles I need. I also cut out some cardboard cut outs of brackets,in case I need to cut some new ones. Its pdf if I can figure it out I will post it also. Brackets are 1/4 steel, 10" apart from outside measurement,front and back brackets.

This is off a LGT 125 42" mower deck.

The 26.25 measurement is my attempt to measure inside brackets curve on back to inside curve on the front,probably more accurate to measure on tractor bracket.

* the pdf of front bracket only basically shows the front,the bracket continues on where it is welded to the top of deck.

I figured different deck the back of the bracket would need to be different anyway.

the little one is the front bracket inside piece,that flips back to attach deck ,you need two on 3/8 rod.

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thankyou KennyP I am new to this forum and have a Ford LT100 with a 42 inch deck.The manual for the 09JC9835 dec k is great but I can not figure out how to drop the deck.I also cannot upload parts list as I need to get main drive belt and belt for outside blades.. Thankyou again for a great site.

·
Super Moderator
55,271 Posts
Thankyou KennyP I am new to this forum and have a Ford LT100 with a 42 inch deck.The manual for the 09JC9835 dec k is great but I can not figure out how to drop the deck.I also cannot upload parts list as I need to get main drive belt and belt for outside blades.. Thankyou again for a great site.
Welcome to the forum! I'm still playing catch up after being offline since 6/3! If no one else answers your question, I'll get back to you!

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
First off I need clarification.

Did you say LT100, not LGT100?

I found a picture of the LT100, and it looks to be the same model as my LT75, with a bigger engine.

The lgt system releases the deck on the front support brackets for the deck. There is a small lever on the right side front bracket.

My LT75 (should be similar to a lt100) releases the deck at the rear mower lift brackets. there is a small lever on the left side rear bracket, viewed from the rear. The levers are on the mower deck itself, not on the support linkage. Don't mistake it for the deck belt tension release.

For both , my procedure is park and level ground,

for the LT75, lower deck fully, push release lever down, push deck forward to disengage mower deck brackets., disengage deck belt tension,( lever close to mower deck latch) remove belt from front pulley, lift mower lift linkage to top and pull deck out from underneath. and some cursing is involved.

For the LGT 100. lower the deck, yada, yada, lift the lever up, and move the deck backwards or drive the tractor forwards. lift the lift linkage, disengage belt and remove the deck. and some cursing is involved.

·
Tractorholic
3,414 Posts
First off I need clarification.

For the LGT 100. lower the deck, yada, yada, lift the lever up, and move the deck backwards or drive the tractor forwards. lift the lift linkage, disengage belt and remove the deck. and some cursing is involved.
Should not be any cursing ?? These decks come off and go on like a dream !! Make sure you turn the steering full left so the front mounts don't catch on the way out , and be sure the hieght gage is set at the lowest hole.
When installing do the same thing, just before you slide the deck forward to lock it on the llift frame lift the deck gauge lever up a few holes so it easily finds the lift frame bar in the rear, latch the front on and slip on the belt, easy peasy and takes less than a minute.

Reactions: Chopperhed

·
Super Moderator
55,271 Posts
I have to pull mine here soon. No sense leaving it on with the engine blown!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.