Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And so it begins. I found one job for the 444 already. I usually haul a weeks supply of coal to the house in the snow bucket on my 530. But since I now have a smaller tractor to do the job I thought I would give it a try. The weather has warmed quite a bit in the last few days, and now the yard is turning into a goopy mess. The 444 hardly leaves a track in the soft dirt. My father built the trailer quite a few years ago to pull behind his Honda ATV to haul his hunting gear into the woods, and turkeys or deer on the way back out. He's in a nursing home now, so I brought the ATV and trailer out to my place. It works perfectly behind the 444.

I will also be going back down into Illinois to pick up a Brinly 10" plow. For $150.0-0 I can justify the two hour trip to get it. Now I need to find a cultivator so I can weed my sweetcorn patch that I'm planning on planting this summer.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Window Motor vehicle

Snow Tire Automotive tire Wheel Vehicle

Snow Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Gas

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've been kind of lazy around here. I could go out and fool with the 444, or go into my watch repair shop and finish a couple of projects there. Since the watches I'm repairing belong to me I'm in no hurry to get them done. Below are a couple of pictures of two of my watchmakers benches. One in my main assembly bench, and the other is my lather bench.

Table Furniture Wood Shelf Cabinetry

Table Property Computer desk Desk Office supplies

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Watches----- hobby or business? Fascinating history involved with watches, part art, part mechanics, always meticulous workmanship, etc. etc.
I had to make the little brass collet so I could put all the pieces together for this escape wheel for a pocket watch.

Water Liquid Body jewelry Fluid Jewellery

Coin Amber Money Currency Money handling

Liquid Fluid Gas Electronic engineering Auto part

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,682 Posts
I burn coal in my garage. I get it from a fella here in pei. He brought in a tractor trailer load a few years ago from Pennsylvania. They are in 50 lb bags. I buy about a dozen bags a year. Great stuff, but you have to have the right stove to burn it thou.
Nice tractor you have. Allways wanted a case.

Noel

Reactions: L.Fure

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Do you take work thru the mail?
My kid picked up a couple a few years back and they are just sitting there.
I'd rather get them fixed someday

I can get pics and symptoms if that would help you tell me if its worth it.
Most of my work comes through the mail. Do the watches have a brand name on the dial? That would give me an idea whether they are worth fixing.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I burn coal in my garage. I get it from a fella here in pei. He brought in a tractor trailer load a few years ago from Pennsylvania. They are in 50 lb bags. I buy about a dozen bags a year. Great stuff, but you have to have the right stove to burn it thou.
Nice tractor you have. Allways wanted a case.

Noel
The coal I burn is anthracite coal, and comes from east Pennsylvania. It too comes in 50# bags. Does the bags you get have a picture of Santa Claus on them? The stove I have is a Harman, and was built to burn coal.

·
Super Moderator
6,682 Posts
No Santa Claus on them, but is the same coal, around here they call it , blacksmith coal. It lasts longer and hot. I'll get a picture of one of the bags tomorrow.

Noel

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,682 Posts
This is the coal I have.

Noel

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.