Collector of Rusty Junk
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This Tractor is SN# 1446002855

He wants $100 for it.

·
Super Moderator
14,167 Posts
Yep, grab it if you want a 10. It looks to me like a tractor that was looked after for most of it's life.

·
Collector of Rusty Junk
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The carb has problems, looks like somebody has removed the choke plate and used it for the throttle. Would a carb from a 6 HP Tech work?

·
Electric Tractors
5,639 Posts
Amigatec said:
The carb has problems, looks like somebody has removed the choke plate and used it for the throttle. Would a carb from a 6 HP Tech work?
I don't think so the 10 probably has a LME Walbro carb on it, it would be larger than the 6.

·
Proud to be Deplorable
29,904 Posts
If you look around, you will be able to find the parts. Or a non-running engine & steal the carb from it.

As for buy / no buy... BUY IT. As stated above, the parts are worth much more & with the OEM sleeve hitch, it's a no-brainer.

It never had lights, which is getting kinda rarer than the ones with. Most of those grills have been punched out & the light kit added.

·
Tractorholic
367 Posts
I'd walk away from that one, no seat and needs a carb. Where did you say it was again?

Seriously though, I agree with the above comments, buy it and buy it quick. The hitch alone is worth the price.

·
Elf guardian
7,712 Posts
Get it home asap, before these vulchers are all over it. (me included):smile1:

Welcome to GTT.
As you can see, we like our tractors, and get pretty excited about a good deal.

And thanks for the pictures. You've obviously done your homework, and figured out that we need visual aids.

Enjoy GTT, and ask all the questions you got.

·
Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict
32,409 Posts
The nose piece alone is worth more than $100 to many many people!!! Buy it without question!

·
Collector of Rusty Junk
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
When I saw the 4 digit SN I figured it was worth something. The steering wheel has a piece missing, but from what I can see it's mostly there and the sheet medal is straight.

These little tractors must breed, this will make 4 and I have one more to go pickup next spring.

·
Collector of Rusty Junk
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I really a Cub Cadet and DB collector, but this tractor is RED, so it must ok, everything that isn't green is ok with me.

·
Tractorholic
866 Posts
I would not even be posting this, just grab it! As others have stated, that is a very rare tractor and worth far what the asking price is! The nose ring and dash alone make it a killer deal, but being complete and having the sleeve hitch, that is a killer find. I hope you get to bring her home, the Massey has a great look and would be a grand addition to your collection.

·
Tractorholic
3,097 Posts
Part of a sleeve hitch just went for $103 on e-bay. I wouldn't wait, buy it now.

·
Collector of Rusty Junk
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
This Tractor has set for maybe a year in the same spot. I drive by it everyday, but today somebody was there so I stopped. It will be a couple of weeks before I buy it. The shop that owns it, doesn't that good of work, I just hope it's jacked to bad. As far as i can tell the only thing missing is the seat, the bolts are there, looks like it rusted off.

·
Super Moderator
54,469 Posts
Good luck on the Massey. Maybe the seat is still around there somewhere.

·
Proud to be Deplorable
29,904 Posts
I just noticed something, in the second pic, I cant see the points cover. It may be there, just don't see it.

If it doesn't have points, that probably means the engine has been changed at some point. It also means it has the CDI ignition system. Hopefully, you have spark, but if this is bad, it's not insurmountable by any stretch, just a little more work.

Still a good deal, but it may give you a negotiation point.

·
Collector of Rusty Junk
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
MH81 said:
I just noticed something, in the second pic, I cant see the points cover. It may be there, just don't see it.

If it doesn't have points, that probably means the engine has been changed at some point. It also means it has the CDI ignition system. Hopefully, you have spark, but if this is bad, it's not insurmountable by any stretch, just a little more work.

Still a good deal, but it may give you a negotiation point.
Where would this cover be??

1 - 20 of 49 Posts