Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Found this locally. Seems to be in good condition, and looks well built. Heavy little rascal.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,069 Posts
Looks homemade to me. Somebody did a very nice job. I think a factory made would have more holes to adjust the angle. It should do a great job for you. The trick to getting a smooth surface will be to take light cuts. Good Luck, Rick

·
Getting Out!
8,205 Posts
This one pushes, not pulls? Think that might be an issue on one of those. There was a pulling one at the Portland show, for Only $250! Guess those aren't cheap? Took a picture I think, in Portland show pix.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Neat. I like the lifting straps and the rear mounts. Looks close to what I would need to do for my Gravely. Any idea what it was on before?
The guy that had it said it came from a LF Bolens.

Reactions: shorty

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks homemade to me. Somebody did a very nice job. I think a factory made would have more holes to adjust the angle. It should do a great job for you. The trick to getting a smooth surface will be to take light cuts. Good Luck, Rick
I'm not so sure I totally agree that it's homemade, but I'm certainly NO expert. Found a thread or 3 on these here on this site.

Here is a pic of one from another thread.

OB, Wilber, LP, and some others would know for sure. Guess we'll see??

Attachments

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
This one pushes, not pulls? Think that might be an issue on one of those. There was a pulling one at the Portland show, for Only $250! Guess those aren't cheap? Took a picture I think, in Portland show pix.
Not really sure how a pusher would be an issue with hydro lift? Maybe on the "float"
position, or vise versa??

Reactions: blackjackjakexxix

·
Registered
10,069 Posts
Don't use float when grading. The reason for mid mounting is for the blade to be ridgid so that it can knock down high spots and not go into low areas. The usual technique means that each pass will reduce bumps by halves. Play with it for awhile and you should see or whatch a video of a road grader. Good Luck, Rick

·
Got Sum
1,221 Posts
IMO it's factory, others here can tell you the various mfg's who offered them, they are simplistic in design that often leads to misgivings, I erroneously passed on one because opinion was it was home made, next one I came across I didn't make the same mistake, mine is on a LF as well, handy piece, cool to add to your collection.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
IMO it's factory, others here can tell you the various mfg's who offered them, they are simplistic in design that often leads to misgivings, I erroneously passed on one because opinion was it was home made, next one I came across I didn't make the same mistake, mine is on a LF as well, handy piece, cool to add to your collection.
Thank you!!!!!!!

Kinda what I thought from the get go!

·
Premium Member
5,740 Posts
Its a true large frame grader blade I also have one and handful of others do to. Made by Pacal.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Reactions: wilberj
1 - 14 of 14 Posts