Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me start with a MERRY Christmas to all.
Last August I wrote about removing a streering wheel the hard way ie cutting it off. Which of course doesn't do it any good.
I measured and count splines then went looking for something to fit. Well Steiner Tractor Parts listed one with correct size so took a chance and ordered it, IT FITS!!! Comes painter gloss black, not sure if factory was gloss or dull. I think I will paint it dull.
Steiner Tractor phone #1-810-621-3000. Part #IHS860. came to $76 with shipping.
Brad
Ps, there customer service was great, the first one I got was damaged in shipment. A new one was sent out
ASAP along with a prepaid UPS label for the return.
Be sure to ask for there free catalog too.

·
Registered
9,215 Posts
Merry Christmas to you and yours. An option you might consider on that steering wheel is to spray it satin clear acrylic or laquor. Don't have to sand it that way. Might have a problem getting paint to stick good on a gloss finish. Laquor stand up better in the direct sun light if it is going to be outside a lot.

·
Premium Member
7,364 Posts
Instead if painting it why not try some fine steel wool and see if that will reduce the gloss for you. Then you won't have to worry some other paint peeling later.

Merry Christmas to you and yours.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I noticed these a while back. I think Sheller Corp made the original wheels and supplied lots of wheels to the AG equipment industry.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I should have included the dimensions. Per Steiners catalog, 11/16" dia., 40 splines. I don't have the wheel here right now but, I would guess the cap dia. Is +/- 3". Steiner also sells center caps but I didn't see one for massey
Brad

1 - 9 of 9 Posts