Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, en route between my place and my parents place, I noticed a yard of old tractors. Mostly from the outside, it all looked like Craftsman and other box store tractors, but I thought I should stop and peak over the fence to see if there was anything worth looking at. Sure enough, there sits a 1556. I love my 1556 and would love to have a "back up". So, I got in touch with the owner and we took a walk into the graveyard. The 1556 is a little rough, but worth picking up for the price. It also has a tiller, which will make 5 now...I need some mowing decks! I'm excited about getting her home and maybe getting the pressure washer out and cleaning up the rest of the tube frames with it.

So, as I looked around, I noticed a Ride-a-Matic sticking out of the blackberry bushes. Looks to be there minus the belt cover. He may have the cover, but he doesn't want to get rid of it and I didn't want to push it, because he mentioned that when I get the 1556 he's going to give me some other older Bolen's he has in a shed somewhere... :dancingbanana: ....PUMPED!!! The fact that I don't know what they are, makes it even that much more exciting!

Here are a few pictures of what he had for Bolens. How hard should I push for the Ride-a-Matic? The blade looks good...unfortunately it's hard to tell what the rest looks like due to the darn berry bushes...but after seeing Brians restoration and others on this site, I think they are pretty cool. And it looks like original paint?...just faded from weather. The green on the blade looks good though.

Attachments

·
DR. Bolens
19,060 Posts
Nice finds!

Its real hard to tell by the pics but I would say judging by what I can see it looks like the 1957 Super Ride-a-Matic like the one I have.

The engine is not original.

Looking forward to finding out what other kinds of Bolens stuff he has for you to look at!

·
Old Iron Junky
1,359 Posts
Nice finds! It's a shame to see tractors in that state but better than seeing them roll across the scale.

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Being that the motor is not original, and it's pretty rough, and missing the belt cover...I don't think I'll push too hard for it. Of course, if he drives a hard bargain I might give in.

·
DR. Bolens
19,060 Posts
Being that the motor is not original, and it's pretty rough, and missing the belt cover...I don't think I'll push too hard for it. Of course, if he drives a hard bargain I might give in.
Its not worth much without the original engine and missing parts....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts