Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Brought myself a RAM a few weeks ago :D Been looking for a while for one that had not been messed with too mutch

Was at a local steam rally when a mate said here Chris have you seen whats for sale in that guys clothing stall?? Why I said, mate said hes got some pics of stuff on the wall of machines he wants to sell. One is a bolens tractor I think.

My ears pricked up & off we went to look :thumbs: . My eyes lit up when I saw it was a RAM c/w front cylinder/reel mower & home made rear tool frame with tines. Even better it was not too far away & was going that way for a job for work :dancingbanana:

Its been in a dry shed for years & will need need TLC to get it going again. As ever its been attacked with a tin of paint like most in the UK. Its got a belt cover missing & has been messed with in the wiring dept. Rear tyres are cracked. Engine turns but carb is stuck

Heres a few pics. Not the best in the light. The ID plate has corroded away so cant see a serial number atm

Attachments

·
Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for yo
8,677 Posts
Man I love stories like that! Congratulations on your find.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
A lovely find Chris and at a stunningly good price too. As Rainer said it looks like your reel mower not been used that much.

I presume yours would be green with yellow wheels? (as your front reel mower is that colour).

Welcome to the RAM Club!

·
Premium Member
5,740 Posts
That is a 1961 ride a matic nice find!

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Jerome.

Do think RAMs look so cool. Its in the pile of what to do next now!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts