Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dad retired and sold his property and gave this beast to me. It's a G10 with a G14 front end (according to dad). The deck is rough and the tires and battery are shot but it has a 14 hp engine that we were able to get running last year when we moved it. I was going to scrap it but I ran across this site and thought maybe someone would want it. Let me know.

Attachments

·
Tractorholic
1,435 Posts
"Beastie" made it to the farm in a borrowed p/u today. The original poster felt that my Jimmy and trailer wouldn't have done well with the road he is on and the conformation of his drive, he was correct !

I've backed up a lot of things over the years from small yard carts, hay wagons and tandem semi-trailers BUT without somebody stopping traffic both ways a trailer would not have happened ! I will be posting for advice in Bolens after I check for manual and clean unit up enough to see what is what. So far I know the fuel runs out of carb, but with air in tires and direct jump to starter ( key does not work, wiring kinda messy) it roared and belched up into truck :dancingbanana: The drive pulleys are out of alignment enough that only one belt is on currently. Maybe loose engine, but didn't seem to be. Owner said tractor did a double end for end down a hill once, maybe frame tweaked?

Did I mention it started and ran :rocker2: I know a lot of guys would just part it up and eBay it, but that is not going to happen. This is going to be a working tractor, so it may never get pretty but it will get reasonably dependable ! After seeing the lengths that 29Chev has put in on his Bolen's I am convinced that Beastie will ride again !

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.