Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the tractor I bought last fall.It was a worker. Never had a mower deck on it. Push blade, tiller, and 540 pto.

So I added deck hangers and used it all this year for cutting grass. And 2nd last cutting the front PTO kept kicking out. So today I said p*ss on it. Pulled the deck and put the blade on it. Will have to find a pto this winter for it.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,225 Posts
Have the blade on the H16 and it is ready to go. My put chains on it yet but not sure. Need to service the thrower and put it on the G12 w/14 hp Tech. Rest of the herd will be parked in the machine shed and covered with a tarp. Steel building and they really like to sweat and drip all over everything. glad I put blue board on the garage roof under the steel. No dripping in there.

Reactions: limebuzz

·
Super Moderator
6,281 Posts
I'm almost ready for winter, got the grass cuttin stuff put away, now on the the snow removal stuff. I'm a little late gettin stuff done this year. Oh, well. That's the way it goes. Noel

·
Live long and prosper
6,791 Posts
It sure looks ready to do plenty of work.

·
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I also put a 3pth blade on it too.just going to wait till I need it on,before I do.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Are you able to keep all your snow cleared with just the blades or do you have a blower as well? I don't really have anywhere to push the snow to at my place, so I use a blower (walk behind for now).

Jim

·
Super Moderator
14,167 Posts
Looks like it will do the job. Most years I can get by with a blade. Last year was an exception. Needed a blower and a loader bucket at times to keep things clear. I'm still in denial about winter coming again!

·
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Are you able to keep all your snow cleared with just the blades or do you have a blower as well? I don't really have anywhere to push the snow to at my place, so I use a blower (walk behind for now).

Jim
No Jim,i need a blower here lol. I have a half mile driveway. So I have a MF blower on one 1655 and a 2stage sears blower on another 1655. The blade tractor is just for clean up around the house and shop. Or if I get bored. Lol. Where are you located Jim?

·
Registered
697 Posts
I am just outside of Coldwater, about 1/2 hr north of Barrie. I have Mount St Louis on one side of me and another huge ridge on the other side that channel the winds and storms coming off Georgian Bay. It is usually windy here even when it isn't storming. The past 2 winters I have had a 4' deep drift between the house and barn. My garden shed where I keep the blower is beside the barn, I use snowshoes to get to it and to get to the barn to feed, water and collect eggs. I even use a toboggan to get feed from the truck to the barn. The only time I clear the path between the house and barn is when I need to blow snow to clear the driveway. It usually takes about 40 minutes to clear the driveway and by the time I am done the path back to the shed has drifted back in.

I looked up where Bluevale is and I see you are not far from Lake Huron, so I am sure you get hit pretty hard as well with the snow off the lake.

Jim

1 - 12 of 12 Posts