Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Deceased
4,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went back to the ex-Bolens dealer that I bought the 1886FL from and got the front wheel weights.

Paid $50.00 for them, which I didn't think was too bad. These are painted black.

He does have a single white one as well, and if he can find the twin to it, I'll probably get them as well.

This set will go on the HDT1000, as I plan on that being my "Plow Tractor".

Sorry, no pics, as it started snowing fairly heavy and it's COLD out there. I'm probably take some on Tues. after I pick up the EK7.

We are supposed to get a 2 day break in the cold. Weather Guessers say it will be in the low 50s on Tues. Of course, since I'm planning on picking up a tractor, it's also forecast to be raining. My streak continues :D :D :D :D

·
757 Posts
Thats Dirt cheap for weight ! as cast weights are selling for 1$ to 2$ a pound and they are 50 pound weights (more like 45 #) so you payed 50 Cents Per # i payed $150 for my cast rear weights !

·
Deceased
4,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
These are front wheel weights, and weigh @ 35# each. Still a good price on them.

Especially since they seem to be a bit harder to come by than the rear weights.

·
RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres
15,608 Posts
OB., Do they have Bolens cast in them? Nice score !! :thumbs:

·
Deceased
4,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OB., Do they have Bolens cast in them? Nice score !! :thumbs:
No. There are kind of dome, or mushroom shaped.

If you look in the bottom left of this pic you can just see one. The part that goes in the wheel is on the left and the 'dome' is to the right. You might have to zoom in with your browser to see it well.

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:55862]

·
Deceased
1,441 Posts
since your finding all these rare bolens tractors look for a 1225 thats restorable for me

1 - 6 of 6 Posts