Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got this hitch in a box with an old style tube frame mower deck. Any ideas what it is?? I'm guessing JDeere at this point unless it went with the green mower deck. I can see where the paint is worn and it was originally green.

Attachments

Reactions: MyBolens1053

·
Super Moderator
54,000 Posts
I got this hitch in a box with an old style tube frame mower deck. Any ideas what it is?? I'm guessing JDeere at this point unless it went with the green mower deck. I can see where the paint is worn and it was originally green.
That might be a valuable item, whatever it is!

·
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Can you provide measurements of the hitch?

It almost looks like it should fit the old Bolens Carts/Sulkys

post-7-0-85584600-1372556144.jpg
Hmm the sulky hitch may be a possibility. I'll take some measurements on it. I'd love to have one of those sulky attachments.

·
Registered
602 Posts
What you have sure does look like the pivot hitch to a Bolens Sulky. Saw in another recent topic with pics and assembly documents.

·
Tractorholic
988 Posts
I have a sulky and the pivot hitch for a Power Ho. That is not the pivot hitch for the sulky in that application.

·
Old Iron Junky
1,359 Posts
Here's a thought. Could it be a adapter hitch for the newer sulkies to go on the Gardener and Power Hos with the hitch for the old sulky? If you look at the pic the tongue on the old sulky curves up before it gets to the tractor. The newer ones were more straight with the tongue. So maybe the hitch in question would drop the tongue on the newer sulky to level it out.
IMG_20140428_075006_181.jpg

It could probably work the way I'm thinking because the hitch I made for my 12A seems like its up to high to have the tongue level on the sulky. I looks like everything is going up hill. If the correct size wheels are on the sulky I don't think it would change much.
IMG_20140428_092132_911.jpg

Attachments

·
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well either way I'll hang onto it in case I ever get one that is missing the hitch. I would like to get one someday for my little collection.

·
Old Iron Junky
1,359 Posts
Do you have way to scan a pic or piece of paper? If you could trace out the L part of the bracket and email it to me I would appreciate it. I'm just curious if it would work for what I'm thinking.

·
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Do you have way to scan a pic or piece of paper? If you could trace out the L part of the bracket and email it to me I would appreciate it. I'm just curious if it would work for what I'm thinking.
I will try to take a trace or get some measurements for you.

Reactions: Nato77
1 - 15 of 15 Posts