Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Deceased
Joined
·
4,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Running into a problem installing the hydro lift on the G10.

The throttle and choke cables are in JUST the wrong place.

I looks like my only option is to run those cables THRU the belt after it's installed.

Has anyone else mounted a hydro lift on a G10? If so, how did you deal with this?

Here's a couple of pics to show you what I'm looking at.
 

Attachments

·
Tractorholic
Joined
·
8,358 Posts
This might not be the correct way but on my Economy Jim Dandy uses a link belt and that would make it easy for you ,to install and remove DSC07672.jpg
 

Attachments

  • Like
Reactions: OldBuzzard

·
Deceased
Joined
·
4,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya know, that's not a bad idea.

I'll have to see if I can find one narrow enough to work on the pullys.
 

·
Deceased
Joined
·
4,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, the G10 seems to be the "Red headed step child" of the Bolens line.

That B&S engine has made installing this hydro lift a real pain in the patootie.

I did find this online:
Saw Accessories - 4 FT. POWERTWIST LINK BELT

Turns out that Hartville Tool isn't all that far from me so I'm gonna run down there today and try one of these. Sure will make things a lot easier IF there is one the right size.
 

·
Deceased
Joined
·
4,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
FINALLY got a roundtuit, and got the belt from the above post installed.

Worked slicker than a smelt, and the hydro unit is functional. :dancingbanana:

Only thing missing now is the little piece to support the snowcaster crank. I'm guessing that a piece of 1/4" flat stock with the appropriate sized holes drilled in it would suffice.

Now I gotta put new drive belts on the 800. Looking at the directions in the "sticky post", I think I'm going to need to "fortify' my self...it looks like it may be a 2 six-pack job
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
54,150 Posts
In case you need one, here's a spare.
tuit.jpg
 

Attachments

·
DR. Bolens
Joined
·
19,077 Posts
OldBuzzard said:
FINALLY got a roundtuit, and got the belt from the above post installed.

Worked slicker than a smelt, and the hydro unit is functional. :dancingbanana:

Only thing missing now is the little piece to support the snowcaster crank. I'm guessing that a piece of 1/4" flat stock with the appropriate sized holes drilled in it would suffice.

Now I gotta put new drive belts on the 800. Looking at the directions in the "sticky post", I think I'm going to need to "fortify' my self...it looks like it may be a 2 six-pack job
Good to hear the hydraulics are working :bounce:
 

·
Tractorholic
Joined
·
2,075 Posts
Nice find on the service bulletin Brian. I must say that you never give up. Keep up the great work.
 

·
Deceased
Joined
·
4,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
When that bulletin was issued the G10 had the TEC HH100 (73-75).

Mine is a '77 with the B&S.

Good find though.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top