Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9,179 Posts
I have a tractor that started as a G12. The engine was replaced with a 14 hp Tech. It has a 3 speed with Hi-Lo transmission with single belt drive. Not sure that the correct drive pulleys are there due to the engine swap. Works good with one belt but no brake linkage from the foot pedal?

·
Registered
532 Posts
I believe that the G12 was the end result of Bolens attempt to deplete left over and over stocked Tube Frame parts. I have seen the G12 with the 3 speed trans and a single groove PTO sheave. One with the 6 speed trans and the single groove PTO sheave and finally one with the 6 speed trans and the dual groove PTO sheave. All tractors appeared to be all original condition. To make it even more interesting, one of them had the frame painted with the later (1979 - up) dark green paint. It was without a doubt a factory paint job.

·
DR. Bolens
19,060 Posts
I believe that the G12 was the end result of Bolens attempt to deplete left over and over stocked Tube Frame parts. I have seen the G12 with the 3 speed trans and a single groove PTO sheave. One with the 6 speed trans and the single groove PTO sheave and finally one with the 6 speed trans and the dual groove PTO sheave. All tractors appeared to be all original condition. To make it even more interesting, one of them had the frame painted with the later (1979 - up) dark green paint. It was without a doubt a factory paint job.
That is interesting, I know they ran a few H14/H16 machines in that new Green and white color as well near the tale end in 1979, my dealer friend I know local said they did that to sell the left overs

Do you have any of the different parts lists for the G12 I only have the early serial number part list

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That is very interesting.

·
Bolens
229 Posts
My G12 has a six speed rear end and single belt drive, with the large and small pulleys, giving it 12 forward gears :). It appears to be standard.

Mine has a belt clutch like a g10. If lots of versions were about I wonder if any had a proper clutch like the g14.

Iain

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts