Garden Tractor Forums banner

G14 diesel swap.

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  pulltilbroke 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Not sure if I ever posted Last winters project.

Any who old tried a true trusty pulling tractor the g14 got much needed upgrade.

I got tired of the old hh140 so we picked up a acme motori adn43w that needed work. The injection system was disassembled but they couldn't get the pump out cause the rack was stuck. We had to tear the back half of the motor apart and pull all the cams out and in the process of moving the rack we broke the rack actuation lever. Well its a good thing I'm friends with one of the welding instructors at the local community college. I had him weld the lever up an also had him have his students blow me out a mounting plate to mount the motor to the frame.

The motor was stupid simple to get running after I got the rack freed up and got my other pieces repaired.

On the tractor I did a 7" frame stretch which worked out perfect cause now I can use a large frame hood. Like previously mentioned I hady guy blow a plate out so I could tie my stretch, the original frame and the motor all together.

After having the tractor together and running for about a year it seems to work great for what I intended, however I can't run a pto on it but I never did anyway.

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
That is the biggest gt pulling sled I even seen

#9 ·
Now she's got its own hood.

Got tired of stealing the hood from the 20d.

Yes it's ugly yes it looks like crap. But boy does match the rest of the tractor.

Can't wait to start pissing off the pretty cub boys this next pulling season.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.