Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so today i got the g14 fired up to drag my friends wheel horse out of my mud pit. and yes i have a large mud pit =) i fired it up and no matter what choke or throttle combo i had it at the engine kept surging. then it kinda died off. i had a full tan and it was getting gas. maybe the battery died because it wasnt charging but i had 2 plugs unplugged so i could get spark. both coming from the device at the 3 oclock position on the flywheel shroud. any advice would help. i need this to run right and charge before snowfall.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah. im thinking i might adjust the carb richer and see how it goes. if that makes it run smoother then its just the charging issue. an electrical problem wouldnt make it run better on choke would it?

·
Tractorholic
1,509 Posts
jdecker94 said:
yeah. im thinking i might adjust the carb richer and see how it goes. if that makes it run smoother then its just the charging issue. an electrical problem wouldnt make it run better on choke would it?
Try cleaning the carb before making any adjustments.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i put a half can of gumout through it already. i havent gotten to run it yet tonight since i had to pull another idiot out of my mud pit with the ht20. lord help me.

·
Tractorholic
1,509 Posts
jdecker94 said:
i put a half can of gumout through it already. i havent gotten to run it yet tonight since i had to pull another idiot out of my mud pit with the ht20. lord help me.
Try taking it the carb apart not just running a fuel system cleaner.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
gum out is a carb spray which ive had luck with before. the charging problem is the biggie right now because i know the solid states are different then a regular motor.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
so i did some very extensive testing on the system. and heres the virdict. it needs a headgasket valves valve spring and a new block. only kidding. when the switch is in the off position and the tractors running. if both plugs are plugged in it stalls. if i pull one it runs fine. but when i pull lets say "plug one" and put the key switch in on position the lights kick on and it charges. but it stalls. this leads me to think key switch. any opinions?

·
Bob's Lawn and Garden LLC
2,183 Posts
Bolens 1000 said:
Kind of sounds like it could be the switch, but not really too sure
:ditto:

That would be my guess.I would start there first.Just remember there was two different switches used depending on the serial number you have.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts