Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was plowing snow today and the bolens just stopped moving.Runs good not sure what happened . any ideas what might of happened?

·
Patina Farmer / Rust Collector
1,472 Posts
:welcometogttalk: Welcome Big Butch. Not sure what happened to your Bolen's, but someone will be around who knows more than me.

·
Super Moderator
54,160 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Hopefully the issue can be sorted out for you soon.

·
Super Moderator
14,167 Posts
It's odd that it just stopped without any clues. You should be able to put it in gear, push it, and see where the disconnect is in the drivetrain. Hopefully it's something simple and not inside the transmission.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well I jacked it up the tires will turn when you put it in gear when its in the air but not on the ground. Im thinking mite be a sheered key ? Anybody got ideas?

·
Super Moderator
54,160 Posts
Not knowing Bolens, I'd say that's a possibility.

·
Super Moderator
14,167 Posts
well I jacked it up the tires will turn when you put it in gear when its in the air but not on the ground. Im thinking mite be a sheered key ? Anybody got ideas?
Does one wheel turn opposite to the other when jacked up. If so, that's normal differential action. Since the engine is not loaded down there is obviously something disconnected somewhere. I'd check the belt drive as per Dr Bolens' prescription!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well it looks like a snap ring broke in the right axle got to tear the rearend apart to fix it. Is this a common problem. This is my first bolens

1 - 15 of 15 Posts