Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a MF1650 the other day to use for some garden work. It came with a breaking plow, cultivator and disk. It looks like the engine has been changed out although its still a Kohler K341S. Any recommendations on type of hydraulic fluid to use? (the guy I bought it from said Ford ATF) - I couldn't spot anything in the operating manual it came with. Thanks :wave:

·
RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres
15,608 Posts
Welcome to GTtalk, Glad you joined us. One of he Massey guys will be along shortly to answer your questions. Again, Welcome..

Reactions: rokon1650

·
1,087 Posts
Welcome to GTTalk,I think any ATF fluid will work Thats what my MF dealer told me.I use it in all 3 of mine

·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, limebuzz! I keep Dexron around for the 57 chevy, so I can use the same fluid. I want to start fixing this think back up - it runs, but needs some work (such as its not charging, its missing one tail light and one headlight, etc.). Looks like this is the site to learn why, where and how :).

·
1,087 Posts
I'm not to sure if you have TSC stores in the states,but I bought all ne headlights for my tractors there for 8 bucks a piece.Someone was talking about the taillights yesterday,something like you can only get them from MF and JD dealers.Hope this helps you out

·
Tractorholic
507 Posts
limebuzz said:
I'm not to sure if you have TSC stores in the states,but I bought all ne headlights for my tractors there for 8 bucks a piece.Someone was talking about the taillights yesterday,something like you can only get them from MF and JD dealers.Hope this helps you out
They have Tractor Supply Company stores which is shortened to TSC as well, but the Canadian TSC store people here deny vehemently any affiliation with Tractor Supply Company. I have one of each within 20 kilometres (12 Miles) of my home.

They may deny it, but the layout and merchandise are almost carbon copies.

Oh yeah! I've been using Dexron in my 1655's Sundstrand hydro since I got it in 1982.

·
Accumulator
13,481 Posts
rokon,welcome to the forum.Glad to have you with us.

Reactions: rokon1650

·
Super Moderator
54,469 Posts
Welcome, nearly neighbor! Glad to have you join up. I see you are getting some help already.

·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
limebuzz - We do have TSC's here - got one about 12 miles away. Glad you said something - I will check them out.

·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
KennyP said:
Welcome, nearly neighbor! Glad to have you join up. I see you are getting some help already.
Thanks, KennyP. I actually grew up in Bartlesville, so we are even more nearly neighbors! And am I ever glad for the help!

·
Super Moderator
54,469 Posts
Glad to hear you got help, but that's what this forum is all about. Everyone strives to help where they can.

·
Super Moderator
14,167 Posts
Welcome to GTTAlk and congratulations on the new tractor. If you have and issues with it I'm sure someone here will be willing to help out.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts