Garden Tractor Forums banner

GAS IN OIL

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  ducky 
#1 ·
I am stumped in my massey 1655. if I don't turn the gas off at the gas tank the entire gas tank will empty into the oil. I replaced the float, needle, and all of the gaskets. I just don't know why this is happening. any help would be great! thanks

#2 ·
Did you adjust the float? Regardless of how new the needle, seat, or gaskets, if the float is off adjustment it'll continue to do that.

Eric

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

#3 ·
Just went through that with an Onan. Put a fuel shut off in the line and use it now so don't worry about it. Have 3 other I shut the fuel off when I am finished using them. These are not new tractosr we are working with by any means.

Reactions: noclue
#5 ·
What engine, does it have a mechanical fuel pump? If so you may want to check it. I have heard of the pumps leaking into the block.
Your on the money there also. I forgot about that. If the pump diaphragm has a tear, it'll leak through the pulse line into the block.

Eric

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Reactions: noclue
#6 · (Edited by Moderator)
I second the Fuel pump being bad.

They will siphon a tank dry if there is enough room in the block.

1 small pin hole in the large diaphragm is all it takes for it to fill your block.Gas will run rite down the vacuum line and into the block.

Fuel pump rebuild kits are kinda salty but your going to need it.Valves in the fuel pump are closed while not running so no fuel can run through and into the carb unless the metal valves are bent,rusted or corroded.Betting it's the Diaphragm.

Here's the Kit for the B43M with the 2 bolt fuel pump and square carb.$70 shipped.One of the site sponcerers may be able to get it cheaper.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Carburetor-kit-replaces-Onan-No-142-0570-/121520693111?hash=item1c4b329f77:g:phkAAOSw~CRTpE9S

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.