Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,616 Posts
The MF 10 that I used to have had that same set up. I didn't like it at all.To go from the mower deck to the tiller was a royal pain.Had to bolt that gear box in place and remove it each time I wanted to use the tiller then back to the mower deck. I ended up making it a quick attach system. Used some sq tubing as a reciever That I welded I believe to the right side mower mounting bracket and then welded a sq piece to the top of the gear box's plate. All I had to do then was just lift and slide the gear box into place ,put in a pin . Of course then the belt and pto shaft for the tiller. Didn't take any pic back then of the set up. The snowblower is driven off the side of the motor. The shaft sticking out of the front was never used by me,not sure why they made it stick out the front like that.

·
Nut Case
1,940 Posts
What speed does that spin? I've never owned one but looks like a 6 spline shaft in the pic?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

·
Tractorholic
626 Posts
I've noticed over the years that some of the tiller gear boxes had that shaft sticking through, others just had a seal there. I'm not sure what the purpose was maybe they were planning on using it for a future attachment and never did or something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts