Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Super Moderator
54,363 Posts
Sounds like a good deal to me. Good luck with it!

Reactions: chris m

·
Elf guardian
7,712 Posts
Welcome to MF world Chris.
Good to have you aboard. That looks like a pretty fair deal you got there.
I hope all goes well with Uship.
As far as those bezels go, If I had one, (which I do) I wouldn't give it up.
GTreproductions makes them. I think there is a link in the stickies.

Lokkin forward to seeing your new treasure.

·
Tractorholic
4,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome to MF world Chris.
Good to have you aboard. That looks like a pretty fair deal you got there.
I hope all goes well with Uship.
As far as those bezels go, If I had one, (which I do) I wouldn't give it up.
GTreproductions makes them. I think there is a link in the stickies.

Lokkin forward to seeing your new treasure.
Thanks! One question though, Will this addiction ever stop? I keep saying " Ok no more till I get the others finished" It just isn't working LOL.

·
Tractorholic
2,075 Posts
Looks like you have a good package deal coming your way Chris. Everything looks to be in pretty good shape. The metal looks to be straight so it should help on a restoration. I know that you will keep us updated so good luck.

·
PK Fanatic
5,251 Posts
Congrats, Chris! I hope it serves you well! Looking forward to more pics once you get it!

·
Tractorholic
1,435 Posts
I said that 10 tractors ago.That was a good package for the price.
I don't know what shipping will turn out to be, but looks good so far.
As for the addiction issue, your hooked my friend...FYI in case you haven't thought about it, this addiction can limit your search options in the women department
On the other hand this forum is most educational, not long ago I found out on here that "wives have check books"... Where have I been to have missed that little fact? Oh ya, out in the shop with my GT's

·
Tractorholic
4,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I don't know what shipping will turn out to be, but looks good so far.
As for the addiction issue, your hooked my friend...FYI in case you haven't thought about it, this addiction can limit your search options in the women department
On the other hand this forum is most educational, not long ago I found out on here that "wives have check books"... Where have I been to have missed that little fact? Oh ya, out in the shop with my GT's
I lucked out on the shipping, He has another one in the area tomorrow, so he bid $125.00. all the others bid $250.00 up to $450.00.So it was cheaper to have it shipped than If I went myself.

·
Tractorholic
1,435 Posts
Sweet shipping quote

Ya, I put $134 in my PU yesterday and it will need it again when I get back from CCC's plow day at Ft Allen this weekend. They are talking iffy weather now for Sat. but I'm still planning on going...I NEED MY FIX !!

·
Tractorholic
4,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sweet shipping quote

Ya, I put $134 in my PU yesterday and it will need it again when I get back from CCC's plow day at Ft Allen this weekend. They are talking iffy weather now for Sat. but I'm still planning on going...I NEED MY FIX !!
I can't wait till I am ready to get my fix! Maybe by the Fall LOL. Have Fun this weekend though!!!!

·
Tractorholic
4,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ok I got her! I will take pictures soon. So far I checked the numbers looks like a 1968 not a 1966. It is model MF 12, Ser# 1446 504 430. I am taking it that the 504430 is the number to look up. The tractor needs a few things. seat, steering wheel (kinda broken up) lights and bezel. Engine needs a carb and voltage regulator. The sheet metal was all sand blasted and primed by the PO. only thing that wasn't was the seat pan, but it is in good shape. Ok time to go play.

·
Tractorholic
1,182 Posts
Ok I got her! I will take pictures soon. So far I checked the numbers looks like a 1968 not a 1966. It is model MF 12, Ser# 1446 504 430. I am taking it that the 504430 is the number to look up. The tractor needs a few things. seat, steering wheel (kinda broken up) lights and bezel. Engine needs a carb and voltage regulator. The sheet metal was all sand blasted and primed by the PO. only thing that wasn't was the seat pan, but it is in good shape. Ok time to go play.
Thay only started making the 10 in 66.The first year for the 12 was 67.

·
Tractorholic
4,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
OK, Here are some pictures. If you see anything I might need let me know. This is my 1st MF and 1st Hydro. Thanks Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tire Wheel Plant Automotive tire Motor vehicle Wheel Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle Tire Automotive tire Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Wheel Crankset Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bicycle tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Gas Rim Engineering Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle Asphalt Automotive design Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Tread

Attachments

·
Electric Tractors
5,639 Posts
Looks pretty good Chris, Hydros are nice to drive, forward backward so easy.
Did you get all the brackets for the mower and snow thrower?
Good Stuff

·
Tractorholic
4,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Looks pretty good Chris, Hydros are nice to drive, forward backward so easy.
Did you get all the brackets for the mower and snow thrower?
Good Stuff
Not sure yet. Need to look at the parts books.I do know the deck is all apart and pieces are in a box,he said it needed bearings in a spindle, but I also notice it is missing all the spindle pulleys.The blower looks like it needs something else on it to mount up, and it is missing the shoot angle rod(seems like all blowers loose that part) I'll research tonight and work on it tomorrow. It is so windy and cold here today and tonight we are going to be in the 20's.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts