Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
DR. Bolens
19,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know winters a little ways away yet ( I hope) but I figured since we had a wonderful sunny 75 degree day on Thursday It would be easier putting the cab together in the nice warm weather compared to doing it when its 32 degrees

Here are the pics of the cab, chains and weights mounted. I just have to grease up the blower and attach it

Attachments

·
Live long and prosper
6,784 Posts
Boy that cab sure looks good on it. Pretty good idea taking advantage of the warm weather to do the work.

Reactions: Bolens 1000

·
RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres
15,608 Posts
Doc., If that storm goes the way they are saying, you may need it by mid week.

The cab looks great, did you put anything (vinyl conditioner) on it before you put in up?

Reactions: Bolens 1000

·
DR. Bolens
19,063 Posts
Doc., If that storm goes the way they are saying, you may need it by mid week.

The cab looks great, did you put anything (vinyl conditioner) on it before you put in up?
Yeah, They are saying there's a slight chance of snow in the high elevations but most likely we will be seeing 3-5'' of rain

The vinyl is in great shape since it was stored in a cool dry place for 30+ years.
I never gave it a thought of putting conditioner to preserve the vinyl! Its a great idea and I think I will put something on it before I pack it away in the spring.

·
Tractor Whisperer
1,473 Posts
Looks very nice. Should do a great job keeping you dry at least. Thought I had an all steel cab I found on CL the guy was asking $100 obo. It was sold when I called (2hrs after he posted it) go figure....

·
Premium Member
7,363 Posts
Like they said, your cab looks great. That was a real find. Hopefully you won't get too hard from the storm.

·
Accumulator
13,481 Posts
Very nice Brian.

·
Premium Member
5,740 Posts
Looks like your about ready there, nice cab to doc.

·
Old Iron Junky
1,359 Posts
Looks good Doc
I need to get one of those. Thats pretty neat how they got the cut out for the rear light.
How is it for the glass/ plastic fogging up on you?

·
Super Moderator
54,018 Posts
Nice cab, Doc! A warm day lets that vinyl lay out better. Good to see you are ready!

·
DR. Bolens
19,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Looks good Doc
I need to get one of those. Thats pretty neat how they got the cut out for the rear light.
How is it for the glass/ plastic fogging up on you?
I don't remember it fogging up much last winter.
It actually gets pretty warm in there once the engine heats up.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts