Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
I tried looking up a Gilson last summer and was quite surprised at how little information was available on them. They built a lot of tractors under their brand and for others. Many Montgomery Wards and Fords were Gilsons. Good luck with it. Paul

·
Super Moderator
55,380 Posts
I moved this to the Gilson Forum, may get more help here. Here a link to the manual Rick mentioned.

·
Registered
416 Posts
They are tough built units. At least in my area the early Gilson's seem to be much more rare than the Montgomery Ward counterparts. They don't seem to have a big following but I like them. The S14 appears to be in very good condition.

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, we bought this machine on Saturday.

Got it home and put some motor oil down the spark plug hole so I knew it was "lubed" up.

Let it set overnight then turned it over several times to push the oil in the cylinder out.

Filed and adjusted the points, new sparkplug, a little carb cleaner in the carb, and she fired up! Smoked the garage up bi time....Glad the neighbors didn't call the Fire Department!

Well, I have a video but Photobucket isn't cooperating!

·
Super Moderator
55,380 Posts
Oil down the plug hole usually results in a big fog! Must have decent compression!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.