Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Tractorholic
3,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My woodsplitter has a world engines 9hp engine on it purchased new by me in 2011... Well it ran great for about a season when it was parked. Well I could never get it to run decent so I was getting ready to clean it off the splitter with a sledge hammer when I decided to try one more thing, disconnect the stupid oil sensor....DOH!!!!!!!!!!! I pulled the cord and it started faster than instant and ran flawless and has been ever since. Boy I'm glad I made a second effort.
And yes it was full of oil this is what threw me for a loop.

·
Super Moderator
55,385 Posts
On my clone engines,I rewire them to an indicator light.
On the ones I've seen, you're out of oil before they work. Damage is already done!

·
Tractorholic
3,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As Dan said, your right there with it so that stupid thing is going to find itself missing its wire !! I don't want anyone borrowing it to plug it back in...good grief, this has been an issue for years, every time I wanted to use it I could never quite get it running enough to use it! Most annoying... Cleaned carb a bunch of times but never made a difference. Yup, this won't happen again, lesson learned...

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
On the ones I've seen, you're out of oil before they work. Damage is already done!
I use the engines for things they weren't designed for. At least an indicator light won't kill the engine because its not level or something else stupid. I know how to check the oil. but most clones are designed for stationary use, tilting them too far can lead to the oil flowing away from the float switch and causing problems.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.