Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Proud to be Deplorable
29,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last snow fall, I was using his 10 with the blower to clean up near the garage. Anyways, I picked up a block of wood and bent the body of the blower. This pic is after he started fixing the damage /carnage. Wood Gas Auto part Metal Soil
Automotive tire Asphalt Bumper Wood Automotive lighting

Might not look like a lot, but it got worse as you went in. Took a while, but we got it straightened out. Only lost one hammer to the process.
White Motor vehicle Hood Fish Bumper
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Automotive fuel system Gas Motor vehicle
Automotive tire Wood Metalworking Machine tool Gas

He even put new metal on the worn out glides. Thanks for not being mad Bud.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
14,167 Posts
It's lucky that didn't damage the auger shaft. Better to bend something that's easily straightened. Around here it's 2"rock that is the problem. The grader keeps turning up these rocks from the roadbed when scarifying the road. I try to pitch them all in the woods. It's no fun picking one of those up and getting it wedged in the works.

·
Summer.
4,536 Posts
Looks good, thankfully it was not bearing holders or the gearbox.

Looks like the hammer served it's purpose.

Reactions: JRJ

·
Super Moderator
54,600 Posts
Glad it's fixed, but why should Ryan fix something you messed up! Looks like he needs a bigger hammer!

·
Super Moderator
54,600 Posts
Great blower repair, now to fix the hammer. I just use the bench grinder to shape a new end on broken hammer handles, drive it in, then add a couple wedges to secure.
Could weld a chunk of steel to the head. Wouldn't break again!

Reactions: JRJ and trowel

·
Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for yo
8,677 Posts
He should have had the guy who messed it up fix it under his supervision! :smilewink:

Looks like he did a really nice job fixing it. Bet he doesn't loan it out again!

Reactions: MH81
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.