Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,740 Posts
I have been talking to this guy for around 6 month to a year to buy this Ridemaster.

We finlly worked a deal and it came home with me today.

It came with a one bottom plow, grader blade, whats left of a snow blade, and all the front lift stuff.

The engine comes out as a 1947 and its a AKS so its not the right engine should be a AKN. All 4 rims are rusted and the tank neck is smashed down. I think I can fix most of the stuff wrong with it and make it a good tractor.

You can see in the one pic the engine puked a rod and it was fixed at one point.

Ridemaster #5 001.jpg

Ridemaster #5 002.jpg

Ridemaster #5 006.jpg

Ridemaster #5 007.jpg

Ridemaster #5 004.jpg

Ridemaster #5 005.jpg

Ridemaster #5 003.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
Nice find!

....My wife's B-I-L and his son have 3 of these.....The 1st one he got was a 1948 and it belonged to his father (grandfather). He had bought it new!

·
Premium Member
5,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice find!

....My wife's B-I-L and his son have 3 of these.....The 1st one he got was a 1948 and it belonged to his father (grandfather). He had bought it new!
Is anyway I could get ahold of him or talk to him?

·
Premium Member
5,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Year is a 1950 some were in 3-1950 to 6-1950.

·
tinkerer
2,320 Posts
That's not a bad catch there Jerome but it's to bad about the engine being switched.

Any chance he still has the old engine laying around somewhere ?

Reactions: wilberj

·
Old Iron Junky
1,359 Posts
I thought you were running out of room? I guess there's always room for one more. :D

It needs a little TLC but very fixable. Nice find!

Reactions: wilberj

·
Premium Member
5,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That's not a bad catch there Jerome but it's to bad about the engine being switched.

Any chance he still has the old engine laying around somewhere ?
I just sent him a email about it the guy I got it from was the guy who got it after a older guy he knew passed away.

·
Premium Member
5,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I thought you were running out of room? I guess there's always room for one more. :D

It needs a little TLC but very fixable. Nice find!
I been out off room for 2 years but I keep finding spots to put them!

·
Proud to be Deplorable
29,904 Posts
Glad it's finally at "The Home for Retired Ridemasters"
Jerome, it's got potential and the implements are nice too. Did you have a grader blade before?

Love the repair on the block... If you get a chance, grab a close up of that... It's a testament to the rugged nature of these beasts. :thumbs:

·
Premium Member
5,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Jerome, it's got potential and the implements are nice too. Did you have a grader blade before?

Love the repair on the block... If you get a chance, grab a close up of that... It's a testament to the rugged nature of these beasts. :thumbs:
I am thinking of just fixing her up and leaving it. I did have grader blade befor this one it came on my first Ridemaster.

I'll get you some pics of the block I have two like it.

Reactions: MH81

·
Premium Member
5,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Heres the block off Ridemaster #5.

Ridemaster #5 008.jpg

Ridemaster #5 009.jpg

And the block off the first Ridemaster I got 3 years ago.

Ridemaster 004.jpg

Attachments

Reactions: Bolens 1000
1 - 14 of 14 Posts