1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,741 Posts
Duck tape.

·
Live long and prosper
6,791 Posts
"Good Night, Good night! Parting is such sweet sorrow, that I shall say good night till it be morrow."
- William Shakespeare, Romeo and Juliet, 2.2

·
Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for yo
8,677 Posts
Shoe repair.

·
Anything Red . . .
12,067 Posts
Shoot, they're just getting comfortable! If they were an old tractor, would you junk them???

·
Accumulator
13,481 Posts
Didn't know what I was going to find,when I read the title.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Duct-tape and your set.

·
wabbit wangler
9,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well I was going to shoegoo them, but three of the quick lace tabs are broken. The upper part of the heel on both boots is cracked through where only the lining is protecting my feet, the tongues are both split on one side, the have multiple places where the stitching is popped loose, and the inside lining has multiple holes through them from rubbing up against my tough feet. Had I paid the $217 full price for them they would be getting repaired in some fashion, but since I got them at the discount shoe store for $45 3 years ago (factory seconds because the laces were different colors ROTFL) I think I have more than got my money out of them. Unfortunately they didn't have another pair like them, but I got another pair of Wolverines in a different style for $75. If a pair of boots lasts me a year they are good boots. The old ones hung in for 3 years. This is like putting down an old dog that is suffering.

·
Homelite Owner Extraordinaire
3,174 Posts
I would and have taken the old boots to the shoe repair. Kind of hard to find nowdays but they are out there. Very hard to part eith comforable boots.

·
Tractorholic
2,075 Posts
Now that's funny. This came in my e-mail and when I first saw it, there was no picture so I thought you were leaving the site.Thanks for brightening my day.

·
Tractor Whisperer
1,473 Posts
nuthn like a good ol pair a boots......sucks that just as they get comfortable.....

·
wabbit wangler
9,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I would and have taken the old boots to the shoe repair. Kind of hard to find nowdays but they are out there. Very hard to part eith comforable boots.
Trust me I gave it some thought. With my high arches a comfortable pair of boots is a hard thing to find. I kept wearing these until way after they should have been replaced just because I liked them so much. Once my feet are hurting I am done for the day. NO way to work if you can't keep your feet under you. With the old boots and two pairs of arch supports I was in heaven all day long. I have been wearing them with dress clothes just because they were the only pair I had that I could walk in. I will miss them, but nothing lasts forever. Since I get them cheaper than I could have them fixed for it would be a complete loss to take them to a shop.

And yes the title was intentionally misleading. LOL.

·
Registered
10,158 Posts
Walking back and forth on a 2.5 mile long construction site used to kill my feet until the VA gave me inserts and I bought some good boots. Find the right inserts. They sure helped my falling arches.

·
Proud to be Deplorable
29,904 Posts
Ahh, a pair of comfortable footwear. Tis a shame to let them go.
And after a week or so's walking in their replacements, the longing for them will surface again like a blister. You'll sit there thinking with your feet soaking, everyone will wonder why you're smiling as you reflect on comfort lost like the remembrance of a tender touch from your youth.

Good footwear is hard to find, I hope the new ones do you as well.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts