Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Tractorholic
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found a 1655 advertised locally. Guy wants 250.00 for it. No deck but has 3pth. says it needs a fuel cell and carb. I'm not real familar with the model. How rare are the gas tanks and carbs? Was thinking the carb. may just need a re-build. Thought maybe I would wait it out a few days before calling on it and making him an offer. I was thinking about offering him 100.00 for it and going from there.
Any ideas or words of wisdom would be appreciated

·
Tractorholic
626 Posts
I don't think his price is unreasonable, as long as everything else is there, and the sheet metal is good. I'd offer him $200, I think at $100 you might scare him away. You can't look at a 1450/1650/1655/1855 around here for under $1000 no matter how bad it is.

·
Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict
32,409 Posts
The rear lift is worth the $250 all by itself. The carb can be repaired/rebuilt, and you see parts on ebay all the time, so there are tanks out there, might just take time to find one. For parts I'd buy it, even if not needing another tractor. Rear PTO?
I'd jump all over that if near me!

·
4,473 Posts
That's a deal. Rear PTO? A plus.

·
Elf guardian
7,712 Posts
And you could find yourself a deck off a MF14 or 16, and adapt it like
I did for my 1450. That way you can stay away from those timed pullies.

·
Premium Member
15,923 Posts
Definitely a steal for $250. The rear 3pt like mentioned is worth more then that so that makes the tractor free :D

·
Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict
32,409 Posts
rossboyle52 said:
Yes rear PTO. I'll call the guy tomorrow and see if he still has it. He's about 2 hours away but the drive may be worth it.
Usually when they have 3pt lift, they also have the rear pto, but worth the drive even if not equipped with the pto!

·
Tractorholic
1,564 Posts
If it was around here I would be posting pictures of it on my trailer for sure.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts