Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
So I was tipped off on this 1000 which was posted on a Facebook page, it just so happened it had an original seat on it so I took the plunge and drove 8 hours to get it in Jamestown PA.

I overpaid a little, this 1000 is a little more rough than my other one. It has had some hacks over the years to keep on running, the hood is drilled all over, it has had a plastic fuel tank fitted, steering wheel is all bent.... BUT it has a good running TRA10D (not a TR10) that does not smoke at all and all gears shift well.

I picked up this tractor at a dealer who happen to have a bunch of scrap bolens equipment rotting out in the yard so I took the opportunity to do some parts hunting and ended up with a 900 seat and pan for 25$, a decent 800 hood for 10$ (to replace the one on the 1000), and a S7D engine (I only wanted the engine pulleys but it was easier to give me the engine for 25$).

Since I was there and I was later heading to Ontario to visit family I made a detour to pick up Ricks 1000 seat and deliver the lot to Stew( chev 29).

I have everything I need to build a good 1000 using these 2 tractors so I should be starting that project sometime next summer.

Here are a few pics of the finds

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire
Wheel Tire Tractor Vehicle Motor vehicle
Plant Furniture Wood Rectangle Comfort
Grass Wood Gas Event Auto part
Cap Hat Glove Wood Plant
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Road surface Yellow Asphalt

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,744 Posts
Did the dealer have any nos or books left?

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice haul!!!!

Nice to see all these 1000's being found and Saved! I cant believe all the OEM seats that are surfacing as well!

I would say the 900 and 1000 models are my favorite out of the tubeframe series
And this particular 1000 was for sale whole or parted out, that would have been a shame to have it broken up with most of it rotting outside away or recycled.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.