Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,608 Posts
Some of you may remember a few weeks ago I posted about a Bush Hog on Ebay in N. Tx. I was able to make the deal on it, for a lot less then his BIN price. Finally got to go pick it up last Monday and look it over a little this week. To my surprise, I think this is one of the best original D4-10s I have ever seen. I only got to spot clean a couple places to see how it will clean up.

As I first saw it.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Tractor
Wheel Tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire

The hood has a few scratches, but is very shinny, you can see the reflection on it.

Motor vehicle Bumper Font Automotive exterior Vehicle door
Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive lighting Automotive exterior Font
Automotive tail & brake light Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive design Bumper
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood Vehicle
Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Rectangle Automotive exterior Vehicle door
Table Wood Bumper Automotive exterior Rectangle
Purple Pink Violet Rectangle Triangle

Running boards look really good.

Automotive lighting Automotive tire Bumper Automotive exterior Vehicle door
Table Wood Rectangle Bumper Red

One of the rear fenders.

Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle
Automotive tail & brake light Automotive parking light Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood

Tunnel cover

Font Asphalt Road surface Motor vehicle Concrete
Wood Font Line Red Gas

Rear rim and front rim

Automotive lighting Automotive tire Cooking plantain Banana Wood
Wood Line Water Tints and shades Circle

Seat cushions are in great shape, only one small seam split on the bottom corner of back rest

Gas Wood Motor vehicle Vehicle Rectangle
Hood Automotive lighting Grille Motor vehicle Trunk

Mower deck is in as nice of shape as the rest of the tractor

Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Bumper Gas Auto part
Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper
Automotive parking light Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle
Jaw Automotive tire Bumper Gas Automotive exterior

Wiring harness is in great shape with no cut up wires

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Wood Mode of transport Automotive lighting
Motor vehicle Electrical wiring Automotive exterior Gas Cable

Dash looks OK, but not sure if all three knobs are original, light switch, choke and throotle

Motor vehicle Wood Gas Auto part Door
Motor vehicle Wood Vehicle Gas Bumper

both rear and one of the front tires have stayed up for a week so for and they are the original tires, the 4th one is going to need possible a tube.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
15,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks to be in super shape. I have to ask though, what size diesel are you putting in it? :smilewink:
Chris, This one will stay with it's original WIS. 10HP engine. But stay tuned as I do have something else in the line up for a Diesel re-power.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Very nice find Brian! :thumbs: It looks like it will clean up really well. Do you have a correct engine for it, or are you going to have to find one?

Matt

·
Premium Member
15,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Very nice find Brian! :thumbs: It looks like it will clean up really well. Do you have a correct engine for it, or are you going to have to find one?

Matt
Hey Matt, I've missed you around here. Hope all is well with you down south. I have part of a TR-10D that was in it and threw a rod, the owner parked it maybe years ago and never got around to fixing it. I also have a TRA-10D out of a little later D4-10 that I might stick in it. I really want to put the correct engine in it.

Reactions: JRJ

·
Premium Member
15,608 Posts
Also I wondered about the rear end. Why are there only 2 gears in both high and low range?
Mike. Bush Hog designed it that way, why I have no idea. It has 1st, 2nd and reverse on one shaft and also has another shaft that is the high and low gears. I does give you 2 speeds in reverse also.

·
Super Moderator
54,835 Posts
That looks good, Brian! I take it you are going to leave it as a survivor?

·
Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict
32,409 Posts
Brian, ALL the knobs are original on that dash. In fact, I don't think there is a non OE part on the whole machine other than the metal bolted to the frame! That's gonna clean up to be beauty of an original! Heck, it even still has the rubber welting on the dash tower top that the hood rests on!

·
Tractorholic
988 Posts
That looks fantastic as a survivor! No question about the proper color. Great save!

·
Banned
5,695 Posts
Very nice, Brian. Every year a machine like that gets rarer and rarer. Glad to see that there will be at least one looking like it did!

Ben W.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts