Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have put it off for a while now but we finally took the time today to get dad's (grand) Bolens dealer sign installed. He got it a while ago from Rick Show and member caseguy went and picked it up for us. Then at PA Plow Day, Steve(caseguy) and Alan(MH81) brought it with them for us. Steve did a terrific job crating it.

DSC_0143.jpg

At first dad tried hooking the wiring to the extension cord but the lights didn't work. I wanted to get the lighting working but at this point dad didn't really want to bother with it. We got the back panel off and couldn't believe the amount of dirt. Once we got the panel off all of the light bulbs were intact so we removed them and cleaned them.

With the lights out of the way I persisted with trying to figure out the lights and I removed the two side socket panels and the covers under the topside. Once the one socket panel was removed it became clear that the big glob of wiring that was running to the outside wasn't going anywhere. I yanked that out and found the two wires going to the transformer.

Ran new wire to the transformer and wanted to put a wall outlet plug so once the sign was hung we could plug it in whenever we wanted. After I got the wiring done and before we got the whole thing back together we tried it to see if the lights would work and low and behold it lit right up.

Now that we had the lights working we cleaned out the inside of it by spraying it down. We didn't get perfect with it since you can't see it from the road LOL. Got it all back together and hung on the wall. Here are some finished shots.

DSC_0004.jpg

DSC_0003.jpg

Attachments

·
Tractorholic
2,075 Posts
George did a fantastic job getting the sign working. I just wanted to get it hung on the wall and out of the way so it didn't get broken. It looks really nice all lit up. I especially want to thank
Steve (Caseguy) for picking up the sign and his extra effort in building a crate to transport it. He did far more than he had too. We do have some very special people on the site.

·
Premium Member
5,740 Posts
It looks great!

Reactions: grand

·
Super Moderator
54,009 Posts
Sign looks good, Grand. So, are you now the go-to guys for Bolens parts?:bigrofl:
I am happy you had great help in getting the sign home. There are a lot of folks here who go out of their way to help out. My thanks to all of them.

·
Super Moderator
14,167 Posts
Thats real sweet Grand. It sounds like a real team effort to get the job completed. Congratulations!

·
Tractorholic
2,075 Posts
olcowhand said:
Hey Grand, I need some spark plugs for my Wisconsin. Do you carry a lot of older parts?:D Sign looks great!
I wish I had a garage full of older parts. But it seems that the only old parts that I have are attached to my body. :bigrofl:

·
Live long and prosper
6,782 Posts
That is a really cool sign. Looks great. Congrats grand.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts