Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Nut Case
1,940 Posts
Got me another to add to the collection. This is actually the first tractor I ever ran when I was young. I worked for the farmer who owned it and after all these years he thought I should have it. Been waiting for this day. I got a tiller with both extensions, wheel weights, deck, and 3 point. Runs like a top. It needs a few things but regardless, this one is a permanent part of my collection. I have a lot of hours on it. Here are a few pics. The tiller spins free although its covered in heavy rust. No holes, just some pitting.

Eric

Attachments

·
Nut Case
1,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm ready to get some seat time to get re-aquainted. I'm gonna leave the deck on it for a bit to at least get some mowing time. I'm on the lookout for a Cat 0 plow now. I hope to make the tiller pretty again this winter. Mechanically it good as gold. Just needs smoothed and painted.

Eric

·
Nut Case
1,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My wife didn't even complain about me getting another once she knew what it meant to me. Usually I get the rolled eyes but this time she was enjoying it with me. Appreciate all the good comments. I was really hoping to have it before Daniels plowday, but it will be with me next year for sure.

As for repairs, the steering needs work. It has some play. I'm on the lookout for the plastic ring on the front. Plus looks like I will need the headlight panel. There is some torn metal up there that makes me think the hood will break off while open. Also missing a headlight. Other than that, paint is the only thing. I'm not gonna do anything paint-wise for now. Just repair those things and enjoy it.

Eric

·
Tractorholic
1,182 Posts
My wife didn't even complain about me getting another once she knew what it meant to me. Usually I get the rolled eyes but this time she was enjoying it with me. Appreciate all the good comments. I was really hoping to have it before Daniels plowday, but it will be with me next year for sure.

As for repairs, the steering needs work. It has some play. I'm on the lookout for the plastic ring on the front. Plus looks like I will need the headlight panel. There is some torn metal up there that makes me think the hood will break off while open. Also missing a headlight. Other than that, paint is the only thing. I'm not gonna do anything paint-wise for now. Just repair those things and enjoy it.

Eric
The headlights are still avail through Agco.

·
Premium Member
15,923 Posts
Very cool you were able to get a tractor that was part of your past. Not only that a Massey MF16. The 14's and 16's were very cool tractors.

Reactions: dropped82

·
Super Moderator
54,355 Posts
That is still a good looking tractor as is! Glad you were able to get it! Bet that will be your most comfortable tractor!

Reactions: dropped82

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
So you finally brought it home!! :thumbs: :D

Cool to be able to get it since it was your first. I know how that feels, my first is still sitting in my barn waiting for the day :smilewink:

I guess that means you got that Junk Deere worked on and running? :D

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
Be vewy careful if it needs any welding! :rolling: :smilewink:
Oh, that's funny right there!!!! :bigrofl:

Daniel, at least we know now 1 piece that won't ever break on that Case :rocker2: :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts