Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
DR. Bolens
19,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Worked on the 800 for the majority of the day today and finally got her up and running ! :dancingbanana:

WARNING: turn volume down because it needs a new muffler LOL

I was also in for a surprise when I put it in 3rd low and it was going in reverse. The previous owner said he had the tranny apart and it looks like he put the gears on the wrong way LOL

Reverse is 3rd......3rd is Reverse, 2nd is first, 1st is second :D

After driving it around for a while I inspected the axle and no leaks on the new seals :dancingbanana:

All she needs is a muffler, carb rebuild and a gas tank

·
Fixer of Broken junk
4,755 Posts
Wow that runs pretty smooth.
Sucks that the gears were installed incorrectly.

Are you going to take the gear box apart and fix it?It wouldn't bother me as long as I knew what gear was where.
Going from 3rd to reverse would hurt a bit.

·
Connoisseur of Rusty Junk
5,623 Posts
Glad that you got it running Brian! Sounds pretty good! I especially like the zip ties holding the gas tank on. Was that a factory option or after-market? LOL It's a shame about the gears though. Keep us posted on the progress!

·
Tractorholic
628 Posts
:ditto:]

·
Premium Member
15,923 Posts
Great another option we have to look for.... zip ties. Did Bolens change the colors on the zip tie option like they did with the tractor colors too? :D

Great job getting her going Brian, sounds good. I think you should put a stack on it :D

·
Tractorholic
628 Posts
NUTNDUN said:
Great another option we have to look for.... zip ties. Did Bolens change the colors on the zip tie option like they did with the tractor colors too? :D

Great job getting her going Brian, sounds good. I think you should put a stack on it :D
yes a stack would be awesome

·
Accumulator
13,481 Posts
Great video Brian,thanks for sharing it.

·
DR. Bolens
19,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
NUTNDUN said:

Since I'm a purist I will put on the original muffler LOL :thumbs: I was never one for a stack on a Garden tractor

1 - 12 of 12 Posts