Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
DR. Bolens
19,063 Posts
Here's a short video of the Versa-matic I brought back from NJ.
This machine was really taken care of. All the moving parts were greased up and thankfully someone shut the gas off before it was put away. I had to drain out some really nasty gas from the tank but the carb was bone dry and looked new inside

So far the only problems I have had with it was the rear hitch and the reverse.
When I tried to hook up the cultivator it wouldn't slide all the way into the hitch. After taking off the hitch to inspect it, someone had welded it to repair a crack in the metal but they also welded the inside of the hitch
so, I ground down the welds and everything is fine now.

For some reason I cant get the tractor to go into reverse. Its nothing major. I just think one of the linkages are on the wrong way.

Attachments

·
Registered
776 Posts
Wow, that's a really neat 2-wheeled tractor! Thanks for the video, it's neat to see old stuff like this in action! Kind of seems like an older, but larger version of a Troy-Bilt Horse Tiller. Those wheels are HUGE though! I doubt you could get stuck anywhere with those!

What attachments are available for these and what did yours come with when you bought it?

·
DR. Bolens
19,063 Posts
These came with many attachment options

I have the 1 bottom plow, Discs, Weed Cutter, Saw Blade, Front mount rotary mower, Sulky, Front snow/dirt blade, Snow caster attachment, Cultivators (I think I listed them all
)

There were also sickle bars, lawn rollers, chemical sprayers, seeders and more!

·
Super Moderator
14,167 Posts
That Bolens is in really nice shape. I thought you were going to put it in gear and tear up some sod for us! It seems to be running good and no smoke. It makes a big difference when a machine has been well maintained!

·
DR. Bolens
19,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That Bolens is in really nice shape. I thought you were going to put it in gear and tear up some sod for us! It seems to be running good and no smoke. It makes a big difference when a machine has been well maintained!
The video was taken after I got done cultivating the potatoes.
I really want to hook up the weed cutter or saw blade and see how it works. I'll be sure to take a video of that!

·
PK Fanatic
5,251 Posts
Glad you got it going! No smoke and it seems to be running good! I can't wait for the saw video!

·
15 Posts
Hi I just traded my David Bradley for a Versa Matic H D also yesterday got it running to day came with cultivater ,sickle bar,reel mower also looking for a side belt cover

1 - 9 of 9 Posts