Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Blackjackjakexxix
2,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got sometime to day to work on the Ridemaster I got at the auction,cleaned up the points,got good spark,put a little gas down the spark plug hole,pulled the rope and she fired up,no smoke or engine noise,it is leaking gas out the carb when it shuts off,not running real smooth,I tore the carb apart cleaned it,still no better,anyone have any idea where I can get a rebuild kit,it has a Marvel Schebler VH-14 carb on it,Thanks, Rick

·
Super Moderator
54,150 Posts
Glad you got it to fire off! Hope you find a carb kit for it!

Reactions: blackjackjakexxix

·
Premium Member
5,740 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,740 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,740 Posts

Attachments

Reactions: Bolens 1000

·
Blackjackjakexxix
2,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok,got the carb back on after tearing it apart and cleaning it again,set the float level,much better but still not right,still leaking gas when you shut it off,but it did run good enough to test drive it,all works good,neat little machine,I think I'm just going to buy the new one on ebay and be done with it,will post another pic when I get it back out of the trailer

·
Blackjackjakexxix
2,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Got the new carb today,runs a whole lot better now,nice driving it around,now, need some input,what spark plug are you guys running in them and the plug number, it has a Champion in it now,not a big fan of that plug

·
Premium Member
5,740 Posts
Got the new carb today,runs a whole lot better now,nice driving it around,now, need some input,what spark plug are you guys running in them and the plug number, it has a Champion in it now,not a big fan of that plug
A/C Delco c87

Champion d16

1 - 13 of 13 Posts