Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Masseyholic
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw these on an mf8 on craigslist and ask if he would seperate them and he agreed. I payed $100 for the weights including all the hardware to mount them. I thought i got a fair deal being that they are getting harder to find.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle

One of the bolts that held the weights on to the wheel threads were gummed up so i replaced all 6 and also bought some new washers and lock washers.

I don't know why he painted them, I think i like the rust colour better than the colour he picked LOL. One of these days (probably when i paint my 8) i'll fix that ugly red. :wallbanging:

Attachments

·
Electric Tractors
5,639 Posts
Good stuff, never seen a pair first hand, how much do they weight?

·
Connoisseur of Rusty Junk
5,623 Posts
Very nice! I've never seen a set of those either...that I remember.

·
Masseyholic
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think they weigh about 25lbs a peice i'll have to get the bathroom scale out to be sure.

Reactions: DH1

·
Electric Tractors
5,639 Posts
I wonder if you could use them for the front wheels on a MF10 or 12, they have 8" rims.

·
Elf guardian
7,712 Posts
DH1 said:
I wonder if you could use them for the front wheels on a MF10 or 12, they have 8" rims.
Diameter wise, yes I think they'd fit. Not sure about the depth of the cavity on the backside. I've got mine on my mf7, but can't
remember what the back side looked like.
Darren, did you get a pic of the backside?

They are 25lbs each.

·
Elf guardian
7,712 Posts
There is a point in time where they went from the foot rests to the running boards.
Not sure when that was. A quick study in agcopartsbooks.com would tell the tale.

Thanks, but ya know, I think Darren's survivor is one I'd like to have. That's really clean for original.

Not being biased here, just because I'm a massey guy, but I hope he gets second place behind my SS12
in the tractor of the month thing.:D

·
Masseyholic
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
here is the back side of the wieght, it doesn't look like there it enough room to mount it on the frount of a 10 or 12 but i could be wrong.

Floor Flooring Gas Bathroom Circle

Just weighed one of them and it weights about 20lbs about. i think with the bolts and hardware for mounting them one might add a pound or 2

I think i herd somwhere that the foot rests on the 7's were an option and they were standard on the 8's

Thanks Will, I'm sure your POS will finish ahead of my POS, LOL:bigrofl::bigrofl::rolling::worshippy2:

Attachments

·
Masseyholic
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just to let everyone know Will and i had a conversation last night about PcsOS. :D

·
Elf guardian
7,712 Posts
Stoneman said:
Just to let everyone know Will and i had a conversation last night about PcsOS. :D
Yep, and that's what we're calling our entries in tractor of .......( off the record of course)

·
Super Moderator
14,167 Posts
I didn't realize those weights were so valuable. 2$/pound. Actually, I think I priced new weights for my 2320 from JD and they were even more than that.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts