Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone I am working on a John Deere 300 with a Kohler 341 engine in it. It runs, but when its running it slowly leaks out of the Governor shaft. I think the issue is the the shaft is worn because you are able to slightly wiggle it back in fourth so there is a small amount of play. I am wondering if there is a quick fix to make it stop leaking. I know the proper fix is to replace the Governor shaft, but I do not want to tear the engine down for that. Is there any way to seal up that shaft so it does not leak?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Hello everyone I am working on a John Deere 300 with a Kohler 341 engine in it. It runs, but when its running it slowly leaks out of the Governor shaft. I think the issue is the the shaft is worn because you are able to slightly wiggle it back in fourth so there is a small amount of play. I am wondering if there is a quick fix to make it stop leaking. I know the proper fix is to replace the Governor shaft, but I do not want to tear the engine down for that. Is there any way to seal up that shaft so it does not leak?
Seems like the shaft usally has a bit of play.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts