Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have my grandpa's 1968 12 for sale. I have snow blower,mower,tiller and front blade. It has a new 14 hp Koehler on it and was always in the garage. Don't have the room to keep it any longer. Six o five 881 one three one eight.
Thanks

·
Only member from Western South Dakota!
1,772 Posts
I wonder if he means Watertown, South Dakota? Not much info here.

DAC

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sorry should have put Watertown SD. Just moved it out side today started right up its a hydro, I had the seat recovered,sanded it all down and shot it with base clear automotive paint. The only thing it could use is a new steering wheel,and the plastic grill and headlight bezel. I spun a new headlight panel out of aluminum and machine turned it so it looks like quarters stacked side by side like the old street rod firewalls from the 50s. I have 2 mower decks,extra front axel, tires, the rototiller,snowblower and plow I did not paint and they are faded. He bought it in 68 and was his pride untill he died in 1990. I don't know what it is worth and I could get cell pictures to anyone who wants them. Thanks for all who is interested.

·
Tractorfanatics.com
10,292 Posts
Any ideas where to take this? Might just scrap.
At current prices, your package would be worth about $125 for scrap. You still have not stated an asking price. Adding pictures to this thread would be a good idea. Advertising it on your local Craigslist would also be a great idea.

I will send you a Private Message with my cell #, if you could send me pics I will add them to this thread.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Just because it does not sell on this site, does not mean it will not sell period. As others have said, it needs to be on Craigslist too. You could even throw it on eBay. If you have a local consignment auction that might get it sold, or if there are any mower shops or machinery dealers that will consign equipment in your area.

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Please, please don't scrap. I have the exact GT being restored. Let someone give you an offer not only for the sake of rescuing the GT but mainly for respect for your GF.

Reactions: limebuzz

·
Registered
380 Posts
Any ideas where to take this? Might just scrap.
In my area, you would only get about $25 in scrap, minus the deduct for the tires. Threatening scrapping something you know is decent is a tired old line.

That is a nice looking tractor that someone would be proud to have. Just put it on C-list at about $600 to get some action on the ad. Garden tractors are a rough sell sometimes, you have to find that right person who is into that make or model. That can take time.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.