Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
the homeless tractor hoarder
5,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a Gravely powered Estate Tractor. It was made by the Gresham Machine Works in Kansas City, MO in 1956. It is basically an aftermarket conversion to make a Gravely into a riding tractor. As I understand, they were only made one year.

·
Tractorholic
431 Posts
wow, very interesting. never heard of it before, would like to know more

·
Accumulator
13,481 Posts
WOW!! Never seen one of those before.

·
Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict
32,409 Posts
Just goes to show you can learn something every day! Never heard of such an animal. That's the great part of this hobby, always something new to me.

·
Tractorholic
2,179 Posts
That's a great looking tractor! Thanks for sharing the pictures. I've never seen, or heard of, one either. Maybe you could post some more pictures of it sometime.

·
Tractorholic
168 Posts
That tractor uses the same transmission as the super convertable walk behinds.I saw 2 of these tractors at chambersburg back in april.

·
the homeless tractor hoarder
5,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the interest guys! I don't know much more about the tractor. There is usually only one at the national Gravely meet {Mow-In} every year but that meet is always out east and too far for me to attend. I've not seen another in person, only pictures in the Gravely Gazette. I have a photocopy of an original brochure for this tractor and it shows the attachments for the Estate Tractor. The Gravely Rotary Plow fits under the belly. Since the right front wheel would be in the PREVIOUS furrow, it is adjustable. The right front axle is longer and has three settings to get that tire centered in the furrow. There was a dump box that mounted on the front with one pin for easy on/off and when folded over in the dump position, it was a light duty grading blade. Gresham also made a 42" three bladed rotary mower deck for the tractor.

·
Junk Whisperer
1,443 Posts
Thats pretty cool, feet might get dirty with a rotary plow though.lol.

·
Greasemonkey
359 Posts
That is Really a Rare & Beautiful GT to See, Thanks For Sharing the Pic & Info On Her.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts