Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I'm new here and I'm hoping that the combined knowledge here will make me a better Bolen's owner. I recently received a GT2000/Troybilt GTX20 that I'm fixing up. There are a few oddities in how she operates (i.e., the mower deck shuts down when you touch reverse) but I'm sure the manuals I've dug up will help me better understand things.

What I'm really interested in is sources for attachments. I really want a snowblower, but I haven't had any luck locating a reasonably priced one near me. Then, there is the problem of a subframe. I've found enough pictures to make up a drawing for fabrication, so I might have that problem solved. One possible source I've looked at was a company named RadTechnologies. They make "white labled" attachments for several tractor manufacturers. Does anyone have any experience with these guys? They make a shaft drive snowblower that looks very much like the ones I've seen on GT2000s. Also, I've kind of fallen in love with their power broom, so I might just have to find a way to make their products work for me.

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
:welcometogttalk: , and :wewantpics:

There are several Bolens guys on here that will be able to help you. Just hang tight until they see your post.

·
Blackjackjakexxix
2,371 Posts
Welcome,the issue with the deck shutting off is a safety feature,pain in the ***,it can be bypassed,those are super nice tractors,the attachments are a little hard to find and sometimes pricey,good luck with it

·
Registered
602 Posts
:welcometogttalk:

I'll be watching to see what you come up with RadTech.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all the support. I'll shoot some pics soon. I need to get a few moments free in the shop, which should happen once I get the big equipment serviced and out of the way.

·
Premium Member
7,357 Posts
I have 2 of these that I have converted to Diesel. I have a loader on one and mow with the other. They are good tractors and are worth the effort to keep them running. Can't help you with attachments but I would be doing a search of Craig's list everyday as I have had good results there.

Good luck with your GT2000

Bolens 10-26-12 010.JPG

Attachments

·
Registered
393 Posts
Cvans those tractors look awesome. I always wanted one of the 2000 series tractors. Do you have a build thread showing the installation of the diesel engines?

·
1,824 Posts
There are a few oddities in how she operates (i.e., the mower deck shuts down when you touch reverse)....
Welcome,the issue with the deck shutting off is a safety feature,pain in the ***
Interesting... my GTX-18 doesn't have the reverse lock-out and it hasn't been bypassed. There's no mention of it in the op manual and no reverse switch on the schematic or on the tractor.

Reactions: Cvans

·
11 Posts
Hi guys, I'm new here and I'm hoping that the combined knowledge here will make me a better Bolen's owner. I recently received a GT2000/Troybilt GTX20 that I'm fixing up. There are a few oddities in how she operates (i.e., the mower deck shuts down when you touch reverse) but I'm sure the manuals I've dug up will help me better understand things.
What I'm really interested in is sources for attachments. I really want a snowblower, but I haven't had any luck locating a reasonably priced one near me. Then, there is the problem of a subframe. I've found enough pictures to make up a drawing for fabrication, so I might have that problem solved. One possible source I've looked at was a company named RadTechnologies. They make "white labled" attachments for several tractor manufacturers. Does anyone have any experience with these guys? They make a shaft drive snowblower that looks very much like the ones I've seen on GT2000s. Also, I've kind of fallen in love with their power broom, so I might just have to find a way to make their products work for me.
Rad Tech made the blowers for Bolens. It wouldnt hurt to ask them for a drawing of the sub frame.
The frame for the manual and hydraulic angle blades are identical to the snow blower frame.
The snow blower I use on my GT2000 is from an Eliminater.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the info. I had a suspicion RadTech was the original source, even if their current product is slightly different. I've got to install a couple of forced air heaters in the shop, service a diesel-powered vacuum and a 20,000 cfm dust collector, then I can get to play with my "new" (well, new to me) toy. I'm going to see how much help the folks over at RadTech are. I'll keep you all posted.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts